• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Lie Pics

IMG_20121027_113248-1.jpg

Believe it or not, the bottom one is NOT OB. B Tier last weekend, I threw first (Barstamp Buzzz) hit a branch and deflected left. Next guy on my card throws a Buzzz also. Hits the same branch and kicks left as well. We think we are both safe (this is at the edge of a corner; had we cleared the corner we would have been sittin pretty). We get up there and at first glance I think we are both OB. Another player on the card straddled the "line of verticality" and lo and behold, the bottom disc was safe by about a 1/4 of an inch. From the angle of my picture it's hard to tell, but the string on the left side of the stake wraps around the back side of the stake. I still took a 4. :doh:

So I guess this isn't really a BAD lie since I was safe, I just thought it was rare to have 2 of the same disc land on top of each other like that.

I don't have an actual picture of the "bad lie." This was a picture of the hole it occurred on and I circled the area of the tree that my Valkyrie wedged itself into. We couldn't knock it out with sticks and basically had to use a fallen tree to get enough force to poke the disc out. It was hole 6 at Warriors Path.

Attachments

• Warriors Path Bad Lie.jpg
    Warriors Path Bad Lie.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 164
I drove then my friend did, let's say I threw further than him but just barely:
nd290n.jpg

My disc decided to dig a hole to China:
2qd8hzb.jpg

The basket is straight ahead of me:
24m9g5j.jpg

Seneca Creek hole....14ish? Took a drop from behind the tree.

Attachments

• 2012-09-29 12.35.06.jpg
    2012-09-29 12.35.06.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 205
I don't think I have seen this here...

During the PFDO, it was reported that a pro threw his second shot, a buzzz into a hornets nest. This was the picture a month or two after. At last play through it appears that the nest and disc were taken down :(

5me6hz.jpg

This gets my vote for the worst lies I've seen so far in this thread! How ironic, a buzzz in a hornets nest

I manage to end up in a barn. The hole is about 125' straight through those walls.

attachment.php

Attachments

• barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 706
^^^
Gives new meaning to the phrase "You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!"
;)

Not too bad; it was easy to get, but could have been much worse...

SAM_1987.jpg

Blind shot at Sergeant Means yesterday. First Round with my new Volt. Watched it come down but took me a few minutes to find.

Don't you love litter bugs? Landed right on top of this trash

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 101
  • volt.jpg
    volt.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 113

Latest posts