• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Hangers, do you use them?

Bag Hangers, do you use them?

• Total voters
I have a Simian by Gorilla Boy, so bag hangs really don't work for my bag. Although, when I use my Innova Deluxe bag(When Flying) then I have been known to use the hanger.

Back when my wife played with me more, we went around and stuck some nails in trees at every hole of our most played course just to accommodate everyone playing. Now I usually play solo or with just one friend who plays with his bag strapped to him the entire round, so I just use the tee signs to hang my bag on. I do love them to avoid bending over and when it rains.

The only spot I play that has them is Hellyer. They are great to keep the bag off of muddy ground and to keep ticks off of the bag. Normally I use the tee sign as a hanger at other courses. Then again, I only rock a crunch box....

A few years ago I put rubber hooks on the sign post at Pier #4 and 11 'cause it was always so muddy within 20' of each tee. Several months later the park actually drilled holes and glued in short pvc holders. Within a few months more than half of them were busted off by chuckers/vandals.
As long as its dry I don't use them on the few courses they're available.

I have a Simian by Gorilla Boy, so bag hangs really don't work for my bag. Although, when I use my Innova Deluxe bag(When Flying) then I have been known to use the hanger.

Yup, this exactly. When I carried a competition bag I used them, now my simian goes on the ground so I can sit on it.

They had bag hangers on most of the new tee signs at Pier Park for Worlds 2014. These come in really handy on a muddy course.

9fa543a8.gif

/\
This
For my small bags.

I will just use a stool attached to my bigger bag when I need more discs/supplies. I rarely put my bag on the ground.

In Texas where its not muddy often but very hot, I would love bag hangers on the back 9 of every course with a bench nearby... otherwise I would probably not use them.

None of the courses in my area have bag hangers. Even if they did, Im either using a bag with backpack straps or a backpack bag. So, no.

Bag holders - Like JeffMonty commented earlier - our area (wet pacNW) had some.

Fell prey to a couple factors:

1. One more surface that can be vandalized, pulled out, kicked or karate chopped
(can be misused as a "garbage tree" with users hanging empty bottles or the like on the hooks - which is the worst when you walk up to a tee and see two glass bottles on hooks and a cardboard 12 pk case stuffed with trash hanging on the third hook)
2. Every man made object put into a park commits to burden of maintenance
3. Physics: if the bag holder has any "arm" to it, a disc golf bag represents a heavy weight (they are heavy) pulling off axis. Loading it provides a torque. Repeat, and lever forces add up in cycle loading failures. Loose poles, broken support arms, etc.

add those to a growing trend toward backpack style bags, and our club decided to halt maintenance for a while and remove as they broke down and not replace.
Sometimes less is a cleaner look.

Our local course has tee signs with a spot for a bag or two. I typically have a small bag so it works great for me. Most of the other golfers I play with have backpacks and such that are just too big for them. I am the only one I have seen using them.

They had bag hangers on most of the new tee signs at Pier Park for Worlds 2014. These come in really handy on a muddy course.

9fa543a8.gif

Just played there the day after a lot of rain - was nice to keep the bag out of the mud

With my innova standard, occasionally. With my backpack bag, almost never

I'd rather have an occasional bench

Latest posts