• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Hangers, do you use them?

Bag Hangers, do you use them?

• Total voters

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I don't think I've ever noticed these things being used that much. Just curious what DGCR has to say.

Last edited:
I have, and haven't. I think if I find them on a course I've never played, I'll use them. If they're on a course I play often, I don't.

No rhyme or reason to it.

To me they're more hassle than they're worth.

Bags with shoulder straps pinch in, making it harder to pull discs out.

Backpacks are just awkward to hang.

I'd rather than put my bag on the ground.

This is the only time of the year I'd use them - otherwise not worth it. Only would use it where there is no dry ground to set the bag on.

I would use them if they were set up better. But hanging a bag on one hanger (vs two about 12" apart) squashes the bag together.

I carry a 3 legged stool with me, most times my bag is sitting on it at the tee and in the fairway.

I've never encountered a bag hanger, don't think I'd use one if I did. Beer holders on Tee Signs on the other hand...

Back when I first started playing and had a single strap Lightning bag, I may have used one, once. It was just easier to put the bag on the ground or a bench if one was handy.

I put my bag on the bench and stand...hangers are a pain:|

I always use them if available.

Just last week I wondered who uses them, and why someone took the time to install them.

If the hanger isn't out of my way to get to, I'll use it. But if I have to keep walking back to get to my bag it's not worth it to me. I'd rather have my bag close by, even if it is on the ground.

Yeah, when the ground is wet or muddy, they're great to have around. If they're not available, though, a bench, tree branch, or high spot can usually be found to set the bag on.

Bag hangers, not so much. Leash hooks, I would love.

I rarely let my dog off leash, and he loves chasing and being chased. Being able to anchor him while teeing off would be a godsend!

If I have my nutsac then I use them or tree, or tee sign if sturdy enough, but if I am carrying my full size bag I just put it on the ground or stool.

I use them at the couple of courses I've seen them.

If I have my Nutsac, yes. Backpack bag, no.

I've never heard of them or seen them before. I have been known to hang my dg purse on a tee sign or two though, so I'd probably use it assuming it is conveniently placed.

purse-hanger_l.jpg