• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver Ranch/Conifer Fall-Winter-Spring Play

chow

Bogey Member
Hello All,
I learned to throw disc at the Denver Area courses and I know how playing those courses in the winter are. I've played in snow storms and also in shorts in January. I am currently relocating to Boulder and I really really really want to play this course. Sooo....

How are the conditions in Conifer and at Beaver Ranch through the changing seasons?

When it snows does it stay on the course until the Spring? Or do you get good melts?

It looks like it's been open for a couple years, so anyone know the info?

I haven't had the pleasure to play this gem in the winter, fall or spring yet but I'm guessing based on it's location that you'll be able to get some great rounds in there no matter what the season. There will be good melts but that only goes for the sunny places. Some of the course is north facing slopes with plenty of confers shading the ground. Those areas can stay snow covered for a while. Enjoy!

In lighter snow it is playable, but can get even more burly. I live in boulder and always looking for more folk to throw with. Hit me up with a PM when you get out here.

It is not going to be much different than Denver Weather but my guess is that you may find some snow in shady areas throughout the winter.

Played here yesterday. Not sure I will again before May.

More than 1/2 of the course sits in the shade and the snow is going to get deep in places. Only a couple teepads were safe to use due to ice/snow buildup or mud.

That being said, it is a pretty awesome course and adventure for sure.

If you want to throw disc with snow shoes on I would go now, otherwise wait until at least April and the sun is out longer to melt what will be a dozen or more feet of snow.

Latest posts