• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Been playing 10 years and I finally realized something!

Script

Eagle Member
We all have issues! We all have something that is just not where we want it to be at the moment. You can't let that affect your mental game and your round. Once I started realizing that, I'm starting to score better. Focus on your strengths and throw your weaknesses with confidence. What's the worst that can happen? you hit a tree?

/End blog

I think the mental game is 80% of it. If you are confident in yourself, you are going to play better. Also, I remember I played in a tournament, and my wife and I had a huge falling out, and major problems in our marriage, and I played some of the worst disc golf I ever have, because I was just not there. My mind was somewhere else, and I had a terrible time. After the second round, I just left, and didn't even say goodbye to anyone, I was so depressed. It happens.

That makes so much sense as to why hardly anyone active in the forums can't break 900, including me. We're all crazy!

yup. it's not hitting the tree i worry about, but hitting the tree repeatedly!:doh: it's all about being relaxed.

I use disc golf to clear my head. It gives me something to occupy my brain besides all of the messed up stuff going on in my life. For that few hours I'm thinking about nothing but getting a disc into a basket, and if I let all of the other crap get back into my head, then (for me at least) I've defeated the entire purpose of playing this game.

This game is where I go to hide from all of the crap that we all have to deal with in our lives. My life is slowly getting better, but if I have a bad day at work, or get into an argument with the wife, I hit the course.

I use disc golf to clear my head. It gives me something to occupy my brain besides all of the messed up stuff going on in my life. For that few hours I'm thinking about nothing but getting a disc into a basket, and if I let all of the other crap get back into my head, then (for me at least) I've defeated the entire purpose of playing this game.

This game is where I go to hide from all of the crap that we all have to deal with in our lives. My life is slowly getting better, but if I have a bad day at work, or get into an argument with the wife, I hit the course.

true dat
therapeutic fun

This game is 80% mental, 30% physical and 13.5% Spiritual. As for the other 19.3%, who cares right?

You ever find yourself walking in a forest, turn around because last time I met myself, I got into a fight.

Seriously...this sport is an escape...let your mind relax while your throwing wax...

We all have issues! We all have something that is just not where we want it to be at the moment. You can't let that affect your mental game and your round. Once I started realizing that, I'm starting to score better. Focus on your strengths and throw your weaknesses with confidence. What's the worst that can happen? you hit a tree?

/End blog

qft
hard to do sometimes. i just always try to remind myself Disc Golf is Fun to Play, and relax.

Just play. It's why you say you're playing disc golf. Playing is fun. And most fun always wins.

Last edited:

This is a great philosophy, just as long as you don't START an argument with the wife to give you a REASON to go play. Then you'd be in trouble! :hfive:

lololololol. And here I was trying to figure out the other day who you (Script) were IRL. You will be a good advanced player sooner than you think. :)

i've had high confidence on holes i know i can do well. Sometimes I par, sometimes a birdie, but one time during a league it was +8 with 3 OBs in a row! it was killer.

I am in the process of going through a divorce, and my game has gone down the drain. I try and not think about it while I am playing, but it's hard not to. I have been a mediocre at best player for years, but this year I signed up for PDGA, and have not yet played a single tournament. My emotions get the best of me during a round, and like Midnight said, it's over. Can't even talk to anyone, just bent all out of shape over other crap in life, and not able to put it aside long enough to enjoy something that is supposed to be an escape.

Well...... There is worse that could happen.
Throw in water, or hit a jogger.

My friend hit an elderly woman walking along the jogging path at the local course. She was ok.

Latest posts