• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being Competitive???

Do you play to win, or do you play to have fun?

• Total voters

slowRoll

Banned
Do you play to win, or do you play to have fun?

I'm not including the "I have fun winning" option in this poll, because most guys that say stuff like that are complete aceholes. :popcorn:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday. You only have 5 more days to play DG in 2010, make the best of it.

edwards_herman0108.jpg

I play to have fun, I never win. Half the time I don't keep score.
I would rather spend my time planning my next road trip instead of working on my drives in the back yard. Although if I practiced technique more and posted less maybe I would win something.

I would say I'm pretty competitive... even when I'm playing by myself. I'm constantly trying to lower my score.

Disc golf used to be my leisure activity and now I think I take it too seriously. I can never play a round and just not care.

I enjoy throwing discs, golf or ultimate. That part is always fun. The game of disc golf can be very frustrating sometimes. When I am not playing the game as well as I can, I try to focus more on my throws because that's the only thing you actually have control over (obviously).

I do play to win, and I do have fun winning. It's a game. That's 'kind of' the purpose. By definition, any 'game' has some element of competition. There is a winner whether you keep score or not.

In disc golf you are really only playing against yourself and the course, there is no direct competition like the majority of sports. Part of competing against other people is competing against yourself.

If I'm playing against someone who is definitely better than I am, I try to keep up and not give up dumb strokes, and just play to the best of my ability on that given day. That's all that you can do, really.

I always play to have fun but winning is even better. Especially when I beat you SLOW! :p

my quote... Live to play, play to win!

I play to have fun, but if I win it's also nice.

I am boycotting the poll til more options are added :)

I can have fun without winning, I can win without having fun. I play to win because that's when I play MY best. You can spout off all of this non-competitive mumbo jumbo, but whether you realize it or not you are at least competing with yourself every time you play. No one goes out to play and says 'Gee I only feel like playing to about 60 percent of my ability today.' Unless you are one of those people that 'play disc golf' as an excuse to drink beer.

edit: I was going to point out the spelling mistake but didn't want to be 'that guy.' Thanks!

I love to play and has fun everytime. Most of my trips to the course are just to enjoy myself and let loose on the course. However, everytime I play with people of a similar skill level or higher it is my goal to beat them if possible. The only times my competitiveness becomes unpleasant (only for myself) is when I choke in a tournament. I try to keep from pushing it out at anyone else. I can't vote on the poll because both seem to be equal relating to myself.

I realize that I'm not very good...so I always play to have fun and get better...I'm always trying to beat my personal best at any course. Even when I'm out there by myself, I get pissed for missing gimmes and hate a late release on a drive...I just want to get better. :D

Latest posts