• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

In case anyone's interested here's a link for the Adidas AX2 CP waterproof hikers on sale for $53.95 with free shipping:

http://www.the-house.com/ai0ax2cp095gub16zz-adidas-hiking-shoes.html

They retail for $110 so it's a pretty good deal, I ordered a pair to try. Been looking for a light weight gore tex waterproof dg shoe.

I will throw this out there, my AX2's (non-goretex) wore out faster than any shoes I have ever owned. The tread was completely gone in 6 weeks. YMMV. My Swift's are great through. Super weird as they have the same sole, or at least tread pattern.

Has anyone had any luck with Nikes? I know they currently have two models of trail running shoes. They have the Nike Zoom Wildhorse & the Nike Zoom Terra Kiger. My current disc golf shoes are (low) Keen Saltzman. I just want a durable pair of Nikes to match my Nike Golf shorts/pants.

nikes seemed to fit my narrow feet well. havnt had a pair in ten plus years.

I will throw this out there, my AX2's (non-goretex) wore out faster than any shoes I have ever owned. The tread was completely gone in 6 weeks. YMMV. My Swift's are great through. Super weird as they have the same sole, or at least tread pattern.

I'll keep an eye on the soles and if they start to wear quickly I'll hit them with some shoe goo. They throw in a freebie too so I picked a "$25" beanie.

Keens, I've had a few different pairs. Good tread and comfy as well. They're not super heavy either, which is a big beef I have with lots of outdoor footwear. When they say waterproof, they mean it. I played a round in the morning dew, outside was soaked, inside dry. 3 hours later it started raining, put them back on while they were still wet, and played another round in a downpour and they still stayed dry inside. And for 80 bucks way cheaper then the salomon or adidas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone's interested here's a link for the Adidas AX2 CP waterproof hikers on sale for $53.95 with free shipping:

http://www.the-house.com/ai0ax2cp095gub16zz-adidas-hiking-shoes.html

They retail for $110 so it's a pretty good deal, I ordered a pair to try. Been looking for a light weight gore tex waterproof dg shoe.

Received these shoes today and tried them out tonight in the rain. I liked them so much I just ordered another pair. There's even a coupon code to save an extra 5%, coupons5.

They included the free $25 beanie and two full sheets of fairly high quality stickers. It's a pretty impressive place to deal with even though they are located in Minnesota. :p ;)

I use my work shoes being some of these: https://www.amazon.com/Fila-Memory-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=36NW68SR67KDS5WY8RTP Get 1/2 lager they run small and they do keep water out to a point as they are regular shoes, use these for the summer.

Winter I use a pair of Earth Keepers, nopt sure on brand Leather tan-brown mid weight hunting boots a 1/2 size larger then my regular size so I can wear thick winter socks if very cold with a boots type insole in the shoe to give it better cushioning, this is if it is cold and or snowy/ everything us mushy out too.

Is there any shoe or brand known for being particularly sticky on concrete? Some of our pads have gotten kinda slick as they aged.

Last edited:
Still rocking my Lat 64 chain gear shoes. I golf 3 to 4 times a week and after 2 years they are still holding up well. They are 100.00 bucks a pair which is a little steep.

Is there any shoe or brand known for being particularly sticky on concrete? Some of our pads have gotten kinda slick as they aged.

I've been pretty happy with the Contragrip soles on Salomons, where wet grip is concerned. I mean, they don't make you totally reckless, but I was pretty surprised initially how well they did.

I have the XA Pro 3D model, for whatever it's worth.

Good thread, read it all the way through and I don't see any mention of Danner. Anyone tried like the Mountain 600 Low for DG? Maybe they are too heavy, Hiking like?

I didn't read the entire thread, but I didn't see these mentioned what I did read. I had not heard of the brand (Trezeta) but they look very well-made, are waterproof, and have vibram soles, which hold up well in my experience. So far I only have 2 rounds on them, but they're really comfy now, so they didn't need a break-in period. Just what I was looking for. Got them for $70 at Sierra Trading Post. That was the regular price. Also, they're not heavy.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20170829_161841.jpg
    thumbnail_20170829_161841.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 73
Just bought some brooks cascadia at a local running store. While in Montana visiting my brother. Payed an arm and leg even with the last year discount model price.

They are running shoes with gore tex a light trail version. They feel great. I'm going to wear them around today inside to make sure they fit ok.

But really surprised no one recommended these they look ideal for disc golf morning dew summer rounds in the summer.

Just bought some brooks cascadia at a local running store. While in Montana visiting my brother. Payed an arm and leg even with the last year discount model price.

They are running shoes with gore tex a light trail version. They feel great. I'm going to wear them around today inside to make sure they fit ok.

But really surprised no one recommended these they look ideal for disc golf morning dew summer rounds in the summer.

I use Brooks Cascadia for trail running and running in genral, stay away from the 10's they are garbage, one pair I read online a dark navy 10 had to go up half a size to have them fit. I have though about using the pair I don't use as my trail running pair anymore as Running shoes for disc golf.

Last edited:
I am not sure of a particular brand, but I just purchased these a few weeks ago and they are pretty grippy with a fish scale tread... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZKEKZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How are these throwing from fairway/grass? Are they slick at all on natural surfaces, having shorter tread? Also, any verdict on comfort or other complaints?

I like the idea of durability plus light and (batting surface) grippy per description: "Generate pole-to-pole power. These men's baseball training shoes are built to clock long hours at the batting cage or practice field. Ultra-light for speed around the bags, they have a mesh upper inspired by the iconic zx flux sneaker. The outsole delivers ground-gripping traction on turf."

I have just worn my old tennis shoes but those are now trashed and I need something else because I'm not ready to transition my current everyday pair. I will likely read through this thread more and look into trail runners too but was concerned that those would wear quickly on concrete surface tees (maybe I'll find answer to that while reading).