• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

Oboz FTW!

I've tried most options and spent a lot of money on DG shoes over the years. I believe you get the best bang for your buck on Oboz. They have held up better for me than several pairs of Merrells, Keen and a bunch of others. The only ones I have not tried yet are the Adidas and Salomons.

I'm done spending money on shoes for disc golf. A pair of $20 Ozark Trails from Wal-Mart and their crappy Chinese materials hold together well enough for dedicated DG abuse.

Are these the ones you're talking about?

f28d68e3-dc45-417a-8520-b6be62a03647_1.2f0621c9c971630222372c4b9893e9ac.jpeg

Of all the recommendations...for those that have tried various shoes.. which ones lean more towards a narrow foot rather than a wide foot.

Big help for ordering online since you can't try them on. I would be happy with just about anything if the fit is good. The big wide shoes don't fit my slim runner feet to well. No matter how great the features are fit rules.

Of all the recommendations...for those that have tried various shoes.. which ones lean more towards a narrow foot rather than a wide foot.

Big help for ordering online since you can't try them on. I would be happy with just about anything if the fit is good. The big wide shoes don't fit my slim runner feet to well. No matter how great the features are fit rules.

Adidas for narrow.

Keen for wide.

Merrell for right in the middle.

(I have long/narrow feet and very much prefer the fit of adidas.)

I have really narrow size 12 and wear Salomon. They're perfect.
Keens are way too wide and Merrels were pretty wide also. Haven't tried anything else.

I have a wide foot.. and also wear Salomon... but, wides. Keens fit great, but fall apart. Merrels no longer fit me worth a darn.

All the Merrels felt weird to me when I tried them. Not just wide, but really uncomfortable. Maybe an arch thing, I dunno.

Most narrow shoes/best fitting for my foot:

nike pegasus id shoe: back when you could build your own type shoe. had this one in a narrow fit. had a pair of these specifically just for disc golf back in 2005 era. man, this was the last time I bought a pair of shoes just for dg.

brooks trail runner: current shoe. comes in a narrow width. this shoe is not for morning rounds!

adidas trail runner: had this one back in early 2000 too. good fitting shoe as well with some water resistance.

I like Nike Flex RN running shoes. Very light and nimble and last longer than anything else I've tried. The key is the one-peice sole: It just slowly grinds down - no rubber peices to rip off. I've never had a hole or rip in the top either.

I have had 2 pairs of Salomons, 1 pair of Merrells, and now 2 pairs of Hi-Tec. The Merrells are garbage for disc golf. The Salomons fit great. They are super comfortable, but they wear out quickly on the front side by my driving toe. They really are not designed for disc golf. Oddly, the cheapest ones have been the best. Last year I got a pair of Hi-Tecs for $40 and this your another pair on a super sale for $45. They hold up great. The ones I just bought are waterproof and the side by the toe box is more reinforced than the Salomons or the Merrells. They are not quite as comfortable as the Salomons but for the price and the durability I am sold.

I was at a Burlington Coat Factory when I found a pair of Timberland trail running shoes for $45. Guessing they don't make them anymore...after some searching I found out what they are: the Timberland Ledge Low Trail Oxford. Comfortable, light, yet sturdy, with Vibram soles. They kept my feet dry during the wet/dewy winter and spring mornings, and still feel cool and comfortable during the hot summer rounds. They have held up with no signs of breaking down for about 8 months of playing 3-4 rounds plus field practice per week. Wish I could find more of these in my size. The Amazon listing for them says people who view them end up buying the Merrell Moab Ventilator.

I agree with the trail runners camp. Light and breathable, with durable grippy soles.

I currently rock a pair of Response Trail Boosts (the "boot" version, not pictured) and 2 pairs of Supernova Riots (in this colorway and in a grey version). Adidas Boosts feel so much cushier than the Terrex line. Also, probably much less important to most disc golfers I see, Boosts are aesthetically pleasing: the clean line of where the sole meets the vamp compared to the angular mess that is the Terrex. (all modern hikers look terrible to me.)

Attachments

• adidas-response-trail-boost-w-shoe-7.jpg
    adidas-response-trail-boost-w-shoe-7.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 34
  • riot-boost.jpg
    riot-boost.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 30
I have worn anything from Steel-Toed boots to various pairs of trail shoes. My favorites were Nike Pegasus 29s and Adidas Vigor TR6s. Honestly anything that has a fairly rugged tread and is comfortable works really well.

Has anyone had any luck with Nikes? I know they currently have two models of trail running shoes. They have the Nike Zoom Wildhorse & the Nike Zoom Terra Kiger. My current disc golf shoes are (low) Keen Saltzman. I just want a durable pair of Nikes to match my Nike Golf shorts/pants.

Latest posts