• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

BrunsChad

I'm in the market for some new shoes and I was just wondering what people on here use and what seems to work. The only things that I need are and good toe cap and waterproof lining. After that, I'm sure every company makes shoes that have good grip and are comfortable. I know the Milo II's are good, but I've been looking at the Keen Tyron's and they seem like they may work as well. Just wanted a little insight before I made a purchase that I'm going to have to deal with for a while!

Milo II's suck. My first pair saw the soles peeling within a month and my replacement ,that I have had about 6 months, have the whole side of the shoe blown out. I get better wear out of a cheap pair of Nike crosstrainers.

I used to play with running shoes but this year got a pair of Merrel's (not sure what model) with Vibram Soles. These things are great. They give me really good footing through New England's rugged courses. They're also really comfortable to the point that I don't even notice the fact that I've been on my feet all day.

Keen Targhee II Mids and Asolo Flame GTX

I would really recommend the two pairs that I typically wear.

For the warmer months I wear my mids. Keen Targhee II. Great liner and toe cap.

In the colder months I wear Asolo Flame GTX which also have a great liner and toe caps. They offer better ankle support and are more hardcore. Great for extensive hiking trips as well. Very nice and warm boots.

Merills are really good as well. My brother loves his. For me they just dont offer the toe caps and seem to wear out a lot quicker for the amount I use my shoes (I play almost every day)

I would recommend buying from REI if you have you in your area. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarentee and are awesome with returns or exchanges if you are unhappy for ANY reason.

Good luck. make sure you try a crap ton on and walk around for a long while to get a good feel.

Many great choices out there

I'm using a pair of Merrell MOAB Gor-Tex XCR boots. Best investment I've made in disc golf as I play early mornings quite often and hate wet feet!!

They are actually holding up very well even after about 20 rounds already this year.

I use merrell's waterpros, chameleons, riots, sidesteps, and intercepts. I prefer the intercepts so I have the ventilator (breathable), the standard version, the goretex, and the boot style.
I like their lug setting (heel stance), width, side support, and the heel is easy for rotating on.

What you will like will depend on how you rotate and the width of your foot.

My vibram bikilas are great too (as well as my other merrell styles) but the intercept is my all around favorite.

I found the targees to be quite heavy and the xcr, while a great trail running shoe, doesn't have a vibram sole- so if you use your legs in your throw they will wear quickly.

•note• If using your legs properly, no shoe will last very long.

i'm a shoe whore. I buy whatever I want, in quantities and wear some of them only a few times.

psst... I hear he has 5 sets of black high heels :doh:.

I have been very happy with my Merrels. Also if you have wide feed like me they come in a wide size that actually fits!
9YnEUqp7_2h_gIaVEjq6tRCE3cGGE2Dydv-vZzedOqI247tcYmubejnvWvVU_piUvuxKyLanpxRV4XFmNJXu8XiiFhlG-utfLMK68HWj7IQJ4yrxEs4LcNdXi0vhsRhkSkSjV77oBg

Discontinued Bite lows at gggt...best 28 bucks you can spend...running outta sizes tho
Vibram
Heavy lug/great traction
Waterproof

They rule

Discontinued Bite lows at gggt...best 28 bucks you can spend...running outta sizes tho
Vibram
Heavy lug/great traction
Waterproof

They rule

Just looked on gggt...down to sizes 8.5 and 9..f only

Bummer

Well I have been using my North Face Hedgehogs for the past year and the comfort is amazing, traction is still in tact, its just the toe cap is wearing on my left foot really bad. I'm a bowler so I tend to drag my foot on my follow through out of 20 years of habit lol.

This is awesome and all of the responses are great. I really like the waterproof so I am for sure going to stick with that since we have been getting poured on here in Ohio quite frequently. This is only going to be my second pair of DG shoes, so I actually want to do my research.

Has anyone used any of the other Keen shoes, minus the Milo's?

La Sportiva makes excellent hiking boots, shoes and trail/mountain runners. I just started playing with the Raptors: great grip (almost too good) especially if it is wet, supportive, light weight and look pretty cool!:thmbup:

I've also had great experiences with Montrail trail runners.