• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEST DISC IN YOUR BAG!! ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE!!

Last year I would have said Shark. Since I've been throwing a Roc, it is now my go-to disc for almost everything.

Here are the unofficial results of this poll so far:

1st Place - Roc 11 votes

2nd Place - Coyote, Wraith Tied with 6 votes each

3rd Place - Destroyer, Shark Tied with 4 votes each

4th Place - Orc, Buzz Tied with 3 votes each

5th place - Starfire, TL, Banger Tied with 2 votes each

6th place - 26 discs Tied with 1 vote each

I love the shark, but I've got to go with my wolf....I've fallen in love with it. Plus I'm a huge NC State Wolfpack fan so maybe my love of the Wolf is mental...lol.

I just got a Discraft Impact, and this disc really rocks!. Goes almost dead straight, and is great for tunnel shots and narrow fairways.

tough one

Wraith, Beast, Valkyrie, I like them all and will have to decide on one eventually. I would have to say Valkyrie at this point purely based on the fact that I have more of them than the others. Found a pro Wraith and have been using it more and more since, time will tell. My swing and disc selection are forever a work in progress, consequently, posting new replies weekly on the subject just makes no sense... Just when I think I've found the right disc, I play a new course or have a great shot that changes everything; quite the dilemma. Anyone else go through this?

" I would have to go with the Discraft Stratus right now"

I second that, if I can only use one disc that would be the one. Most others have limits, the stratus can do it all and is the straightest flying disc I have ever seen.

Count me in with the Sharks. Champion 178 can do a little bit of everything. It gets the nod over the Buzz for me because I can putt better with it. The thought of only playing with one disc makes me feel sad and empty for some reason. Its like the toys from Toy Story, our discs just wanna be loved even if it means being plowed into a giant oak at 50+ miles per hour:)

TEEBIRD!!!!!!!!! These discs are the dogs bollocks, there is nothing you cant do with a teebird withthe various states of ware and plastic. Go TeeBird and its older brother the TL. Man the tee bird is bad ass.

For me, I love my 180 Star Shark. I've played with it enough to drive pretty decently with it, definitely accurate, good to putt with; just great all around disc.

Torn between KC Banshee or Star Whippet. Based on recent rounds gotta go with the Pink Star Whippet.

My favorite disc is definitely my Champion Coyote. Why can't all discs be so reliable and straight? And if the Coyote is second in this poll, why don't people sing its praises more? Are we just a silent plurality, drowned out by the cult of the ROC?

Where's the beef?

This 62 year-old has evolved to a 172 Pro Beast as the muscle tone sinks with the years. Have 6 in my bag and they go straight and true with good distance for me. DG is really a great sport, even for dinosaurs!

If I had to play using only one disc, I'd have to take my tee-bird. Its my most reliable, straight disc and I know I can trust it. ... Although my Cobra would be a close second.

Wolf a.k.a. the Werewolf of London

By far my favorite is my 178g Innova DX Wolf nicknamed the Werewolf of London. My reasoning all boils down to the old saying that it's better to be lucky than good. I have thrown this thing around trees into baskets that I couldn't even see (love the chain sound when that happens), and occasionally use it to putt when I'm not getting a good vibe from my putter. It may not be the most consistent disc, but the luck factor definitely makes up for it. AOOOOOOOOOOO!

My 150 Champion Leopard...I can get it to act like 3 different type of discs (most of the time..lol)

I re-counted and seperated out the different type of rocs. I also disregarded any double votes because it clearly states "ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE!!".

1st Place - Roc 9 votes

2nd Place - Coyote, Wraith, and Shark tied with 6 votes each

3rd Place - Destroyer and Teebird tied with 4 votes each

4th Place - Wolf and Buzz tied with 3 votes each

5th place - Starfire, Stratus, TL, Banger GT and Orc tied with 2 votes each

6th place - 26 discs Tied with 1 vote each