• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best excuse, ever, for missing a shot...

"That mosquito just flew right between my glasses and my eye!"

Disc golf is Rigged Like WWE Wrestling.....Vince McMahon called me and told me to throw that shot and let you win this round <or hole>

OK, I was thinking a great thread to start is one that has the best excuses you have ever hear for missing a shot. We should be able to use these as we play to really get the humor rolling turning a round.

To start it off....

If only I had my old disc, that would have never gone out of bounds.

I fell apart the minute I lost that disc on hole #1.

I suck at this course because, they made this course so easy and simple. (my second favorite)

The guy sets his bag down, throws his putt, misses, and says, "Damn, I should have left my bag on." (my favorite)

I think I've heard all of these!!!!

Someone say's, "I hate pinball courses", after they hit a tree, when the course they're playing is actually only lightly wooded.

"These signs must be wrong. There's no way that's 400'". Said after someones tee shot only goes half way to the pin.

"Those sidewinders suck because they're so stable" Said by a newbie after a nose-up throw causes his sidewinder to fade off into the rough.

Suffering from ring sting after dinner the night before, a putt is rushed, 'Im turtling' squeaks the poor disc golfer as he rushes into the bushes.

His playing partners then need to wipe shit of their disc.

Suffering from ring sting after dinner the night before, a putt is rushed, 'Im turtling' squeaks the poor disc golfer as he rushes into the bushes.

His playing partners then need to wipe shit of their disc.

Reminds me of an old golf joke. I'll convert it to DG.

There were two guys out playing disc golf on a very long course with no restrooms. When they got way out to about hole 9 one of them had to take a crap but didn't have any toilet paper. The other guy said "Just use a dollar". The guy goes off in the woods for a while and when he comes back he has crap all over his hands. His partner says "I thought you were going to use a dollar?". "I did" he replied "All I had was 3 quarters, two dimes, and a nickel".

oops!

These are some of my personal favorites:
"I was practicing with mini discs yesterday"
(During night Golf) "The LED temporarily blinded me"
"I lent my brother my good Putter"

Finally when there is no justifiable reason for you to miss the putt,
"I was holding in a fart, I should've let it out before I threw!"

"I should have cleaned the mud off my shoes before throwing."

"I should have left this jacket in the car."

If you ever played at vista del camino park in Scottsdale- my god, the Scottsdale chicks and thier fake tits; what? was I thowing a frisbee?
:eek:

"I was too worried about going in the water." (Thus my shot ending up over 100' to the right of a pin only 15' from the lake. Daggone Sidewinder!)

The premature compliment from your opponent of "nice tee shot" as your disc is in mid-flight, which obviously causes the disc to then hit the next tree sending the disc a mile off of the fairway, ruining what actually started out to be a good drive.

had a friend standing behind a basket 220 ft away and wanted to watch us throw our disks,well another one of our friends threw his disk and some wind hit it and flew to the left of the basket and ended up about 100 feet from the basket and it was all the friend that was standing behind the baskets fault.

Man, I can't tell you how many times my friends have "nice'd" me. I think the overall level of mayhem caused by the "nice" is multiplied by how early in the flight it is uttered, more of a geometric progression.

After hitting the smallest amount of leaves on the smallest branch of a tree..."It would have been an ace in the fall with no leaves...."