• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best one day course tandems

The two courses (Beaver and Coyote) at Lester Lorch Park in Cedar Hill, TX are fantastic. Two totally different styles on the same piece of property. It's also a nature preserve, so the scenery is incredible. Both well maintained by the locals. Definitely my favorite courses to hit up while I'm in the DFW area.

Just got back from the habitual Deer Lakes & Moraine State Park tandem.

I'm trying to do this next week, I've been to both 3 times but never the same day. Any hints as to the best route between the two? I realize 76W to 79N is longer but might be quicker than the back roads. Ideas? Suggestions?

Well, if you are driving through Iowa...here are my paired suggestions.

DSM - Big Creek/Walnut Ridge

DSM - Ewing Park/Pickard Park

QC - Middle Park/Camden II

QC - West Lake/Camden II

Ottumwa - Indian Hills/Memorial

Indian Hills is a great campus course and doesn't get the respect it deserves. Very well maintained and beautiful campus.

Horning's Hideout. Canyon course and Meadow Ridge for the tandem. Follow up with a night cap glow round on the Highland course :hfive:

Maximum fun and minimum car time.

I posted early on in this thread, but thought I'd also provide a bit of local flavor:

- Hudson Mills Orignal and Monster... you can't go wrong here.
- Independence Lake and Rolling Hills... same park admission works for both courses.
- Burchfield Park Devils Den and Rivers Edge :thmbup: :D
- Addison Oaks and Holly Woods... if you're really up for a challenge/beat down.

Kensington Black Locust and Benton Hills would still be pretty good... despite the fact that Benton Hills has deteriorated and dropped a peg or two, it's still a very complete course with all sorts of variety... just in bad shape.

At one point Stony Creek and River Bends would have been great, but River Bends needs some work (forthcoming from what I understand).

Pretty sure that the course ratings for all the above combinations sum up to 7.5, or are pretty close to it.

Last edited:
Flip City and anything at mason county...
my favorite combo, Flip City and Goliath

Flip/Leviathan
Idlewild/Lincoln Ridge
Moraine/Deer Lakes
Any two IDGC
Brackett's/Renny

You can't go wrong with any of these, but I haven't been to Selah or Highbridge.

I would say Steady and Jackson would be the best. Kind of like Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge.

Monterey bay options:

Pinto Lake and Delaveaga (Or Aptos High School if you don't have as much time)
Ryan Ranch and Oaks/Cypress at CSUMB (Long day that one is, maybe an 8 mile hike).

I'm trying to do this next week, I've been to both 3 times but never the same day. Any hints as to the best route between the two? I realize 76W to 79N is longer but might be quicker than the back roads. Ideas? Suggestions?

I'd definitely go 76 to 79. So you're going from Deer Lakes to Moraine? That would be the least confusing (and probably the fastest way). Avoid driving through the city at all costs during rush hour, and that route would avoid that traffic.

A few of my favorite combos have been.

Moraine - Deer Lakes
Jordan Creek - Little Lehigh
Tyler - Nockamixon
Maple Hill - Pyramids
Blockhouse - Loriella
Seneca Creek - Rockburn
Sabattus - Ackers Acres

It's a great day to play two;

Harmon Hills/Warriors Path-54 holes- If eating steak for 27 holes @ HH doesn't fill you up , drive a few interstate exits north and play the other end of the disc golf course spectrum...an old school steady ed course for dessert.
Black jack/Sugaree-45 holes-too much is just enough...grand masters beware
Black Falls/Cherry Hill-36 holes-Don't worry about what's in your bag, other than a camera.
Tyler/Nockamixon-45 holes of stellar east coast woods golf, with Tyler in the longs
WR Jackson/Headrick-36 holes of Hall of Fame golf...and Warner awaits

Harmon Hills/Warriors Path-54 holes- If eating steak for 27 holes @ HH doesn't fill you up , drive a few interstate exits north and play the other end of the disc golf course spectrum...an old school steady ed course for dessert.Adding this to my fall trip
Black jack/Sugaree-45 holes-too much is just enough...grand masters bewareCurrently playable? if so, also adding this
Black Falls/Cherry Hill -36 holes-Don't worry about what's in your bag, other than a camera. Adding to the wishlist
Tyler/Nockamixon -45 holes of stellar east coast woods golf, with Tyler in the longsLoved nocky, tyler was in the shorts when I played it, I have to check it out in the longs sometime
WR Jackson/Headrick-36 holes of Hall of Fame golf...and Warner awaitsAlready planning on hitting this one again, can't wait to get back to the IDGC

:thmbup:

Dude, I'm coralling disc golfers for Christmas Tree harvest, and yes playing bj/sugaree is a perk...Hognosesucker came in for Black Sugar and never left...he calls everyone dude, it's rubbing off.

Latest posts