• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best one day course tandems

I've never done Moraine and Deer Lakes in the same day, but yeah, that would be awesome. You could easily do Moraine, Knob Hill, and Linbrook in a day, which would be a nice alternative. I love the western PA disc golf scene. I'll never get over the fact that I grew up in a disc golf mecca, complaining that there was never anything to do, only to start playing long after I'd moved away. :doh:

I'll third Orange Crush/Seth Burton - the courses are in the same park, so intertwined that you can switch between them at each 9. This makes for a lot of ways to play. Between the two courses, you have almost every kind of challenge you could ask for. It's an awesome destination.

Memphis [#3 on DGCR's top destination list]

Bud Hill and, in MY opinion, Johnson Rd. Park on the other side of town [20 miles, as the crow flies] are the best two.
Many would say Bud Hill and Meeman Shelby Forest which has 2 nice 18 holers that's only ~6 miles away.

I've never done Moraine and Deer Lakes in the same day, but yeah, that would be awesome. You could easily do Moraine, Knob Hill, and Linbrook in a day, which would be a nice alternative. I love the western PA disc golf scene. I'll never get over the fact that I grew up in a disc golf mecca, complaining that there was never anything to do, only to start playing long after I'd moved away. :doh:

No doubt. Also, eastern PA has Nocky and Tyler State. PA has some bad ass courses across the board. I live in Ohio. I love Ohio. Unfortunately, Ohio has little to offer in top tier courses.

No doubt. Also, eastern PA has Nocky and Tyler State. PA has some bad ass courses across the board. I live in Ohio. I love Ohio. Unfortunately, Ohio has little to offer in top tier courses.

I'm yet to make it out to the eastern portion of the state; I'm hoping to do so and hit Tyler, Nocky, etc this summer. Looking forward to seeing how the two compare! I'll try not to let my western PA pride get in the way of that. ;)

Kind of a mismatch, I'd say. :)

FWIW, I think the best 2-course combo in the foothills is probably Beaver Ranch/Bucksnort. Those are the two best out of the five courses up there.

Bucksnort and Phantom Falls are about a block apart, so in terms of proximity that one is probably the easiest. But Phantom Falls is no longer even in the top 3 of the courses up there. Beaver Ranch, Bucksnort, and Magic Meadows all have a lot more variety and are more fun (not that Phantom Falls isn't fun; it's still a great time). A lot of people will like Bailey better, too.

Those are courses I have played, plus they are the public courses, not appointment courses. I was unable to play all the courses there. Also, Phantom Falls is not really a course to tandem, as you can pretty much spend the whole day there alone. Wanted to play Bailey, but ran out of days. Bottom line, there is a lot of disc golf there.

From what I have played:
(No particular order)

Moraine / Deer Lakes

Parma / Chili

Orange Crush / Seth Burton

Flip City / Mason County

Idlewild / Lincoln Ridge

From what I have played:
(No particular order)

Moraine / Deer Lakes

Parma / Chili

Orange Crush / Seth Burton

Flip City / Mason County

Idlewild / Lincoln Ridge

43 Courses played, and all of those on your list. That's pretty sweet! :clap:

I'll think a little outside the box here and say
Hickory Hills/Carley's playground in Traverse City. if you're not dead, myles kimmerly for a 3rd.

Charleston, SC - Trophy Lakes - Seewee Outpost (live music during some evenings)
IDGC - Warner - Jackson
Augusta, GA area - Riverview Park and Patriots Park
Savannah and HHI - Tom Triplett and the Sarge during late Fall, Winter and Early Spring
NY and NJ- Warwick Town Park, Wolf Woods and Campgaw
NY - Leonard Park and FDR State Park
Clemson, SC area and Easley, SC - Grand Central Station and Foothills DGC

For Northeast Ohio I'd say Portage Lakes, Arboretum & Oak Ledges or Deis Hill depending on your preference for another wooded or more open course. All four are fantastic courses with great tees, signage, holes etc.

I had fun doing Knob Hill and Moraine, and Renny Gold and Winthrop. Still need to play Deer Lakes.

Didn't read thread but on Sunday played winthrop gold then renny gold. That was championship Sunday for sure.

For Northeast Ohio I'd say Portage Lakes, Arboretum & Oak Ledges or Deis Hill depending on your preference for another wooded or more open course. All four are fantastic courses with great tees, signage, holes etc.

I'm hoping to hit up Portage Lakes and Oak Ledges next week! Really looking forward to it.

I had fun doing Knob Hill and Moraine, and Renny Gold and Winthrop. Still need to play Deer Lakes.

I'd urge you to get down to Orange Crush/Seth Burton, too, Mike. It's an awesome pair.