• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter that covers all shots

Last edited:
Tells me nothing about which pronunciation you prefer.

I prefer A as in eh?, viars. Like aviation or avian flu, you know, like proper English speakers. Not like these deplorables that pronounce aviars like a Cockney saying "have we ours." "'av 'e r's, that's wot I like to bloody throw, guv'na!"

Just got my N Proxy 3-4 days ago. It is on the light side for a putter however this thing is the bomb. I shaved numerous strokes off my normal play just using this disc last night. Was sooo close to nailing my first ace too. Flick's RHBH push putt it does them all. I love it.

Aviars are great throwers. Maybe the best mold of all time. I could switch tomorrow.
They are also expensive and come in a limited number of plastics. So I'd want someone to give me stack if I was going to switch.

Gateway isn't super consistent, but they have very good putter molds and whip up every imaginable blend of baseline plastic. You want a certain feel, they've made it. And you can call and ask for it. And talk to someone who will go hand pick more that feel like the ones you like. Or you can mail them one you like (from any brand) and they will try to match that feel for you. Sure, they might never exactly replicate your very favorite, but they've probably got Wizards in 40+ different blends sitting in the warehouse right now. One will get close. And they will work with you to help find it. At $7 a pop.

The P&A mold is being run in what, maybe 7 plastic blends right now? Also, better scoop those Waxy McPros from the factory store before they sell out and you have to pay $30 a pop on the Facebooks. Or you could try calling the Innova factory and describing the feel you want. You'll end up with soft domey Destroyers (it's what I end up with every time I call the Innova Factory asking for a specific feel and profile although, I promise, it isn't what I asked for).

Free beer is nice, but I can use the $23 I saved over that swirly McPro Aviar to go buy some. Or I can buy 4 MORE Wizards and have a nice practice stack.

Or just go to Academy and buy a 7.99 (8.99?) Dx Aviar right off the shelf. Cheap as it gets.

If you want one beadless mold to cover different shots, I would recommend the P2, Challenger, Warlock, Shield, or Pa-1.

So I started this thread and decided to get a few max weight jawbreaker challys and a max weight D chally. I'm gonna give these a try.

Quick question: Who knows what the best plastic to get an overstable challenger in? I need a challenger that is High Speed Stable. I'm looking to throw it up to 300ft on a flat straight flight.

I remember trying a FLX ESP one before and I thought it was crazy flippy.

What do you expect a premium plastic Challenger to do that an Evo Wizard wouldn't?

Started to dislike the large bead on the wizard, especially for driving. So I'm looking for a beefy challenger, if it exists. Like to keep few molds....It's all in the 1st post...

Thx for understanding and answering my question! U were very helpful. +1 gyroscopic internet cookie thrown ur way

So I started this thread and decided to get a few max weight jawbreaker challys and a max weight D chally. I'm gonna give these a try.

Quick question: Who knows what the best plastic to get an overstable challenger in? I need a challenger that is High Speed Stable. I'm looking to throw it up to 300ft on a flat straight flight.

I remember trying a FLX ESP one before and I thought it was crazy flippy.

CryZtal is the most overstable Discraft plastic in my experience. I haven't throw a cryztal Challenger in years, but I remember liking them a lot off the tee.

The Minnesota Majestic did it a few years ago. I want to say they were the first run of Z Challengers. I never threw mine. The CryZtals were pretty great for premiums.

I think the P2 is the answer to the OPs question since it appears that hes looking for a putter mold, in multiple plastics with no bead that can do everything.

P2 starts as stable as a fairly stable wizard (not including special runs like the puffys) the base plastics break in well into any touch/flippy need. Mercy would be a close second (microbeaded though)

IF hes interested in smaller beads than the wizard Reko is a good choice, but you're not going to find any that are too stable. The reko is probably there with the ION as the best one disc putter. They go long and hold any line.

Yes before we had as many options Cryztal challengers were amazing premium plastic putters, they just lacked the glide that we tend to enjoy off the tee. I bagged 2 cryztal and 4 or 5 bar stamp Pro Ds for a long time.