• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter that covers all shots

I bag a lot of discraft/dga putters. Currently 1 discraft challenger, 2 soft magnets(1 super beat), 1 Jawbreaker magnet, and a DGA proline Titanic. The Titanic is a bit more overstable compared to the other magnets.

I hardly use the Challenger other than practice putting at home. I used to use it as a diving putter but the DGA has taken that role. I find the magnet/titanic's lower curved rim really comfortable for my index finger.

The Titanic is fantastic off the tee and super reliable. It's also not beating in at the rate of any of my other putters.

The titanic and the magnet arent the same mold are they? They have totally different specs and dimensions.

Some insist the Titanic has a spacer added to the Magnet mold, making them a little taller. But I think they just mold up that way in Proline, which was also the Titanic plastic approved by PDGA, iirc. The D-line Titanics look the same as the Pro D Magnets. I have both...

Last edited:
The titanic and the magnet arent the same mold are they? They have totally different specs and dimensions.

I'll try to get a picture tonight. It's literally stamped magnet on the inside.

The feel in the hand is the same. Flight is almost the same, slightly more overstable.

Magnet rim width: .08
Titanic rim width: .10

Magnet height: 2.0
Titanic height: 2.2

Magnet rim depth: 1.4
Titanic rim depth: 1.5

Magnet diameter: 21.2
Titanic diameter: 21.1

Magnet flight data (t/f): -18/33
Titanic flight data " : 0/36

They cant "be the same shape" if theyre not the same shape. In fact, the titanic has the same flight specs as a challenger AND an aviar. As for the "magnet" tooling on the inside rim, you can find buzzz molds floating around that say "wasp" in them because a buzzz is a retooled wasp, but youd still call it a buzzz, bacause ITS A BUZZZ. And you certainly wouldnt compare the flights as if they were the same disc either.

Last edited:
IDK how they got those measurements, the only one that rings true is height...and that's re Proline Titanic, not base D-line. You'd need to see Pro D Magnet and D-line Titanic in person and side by side to see they're the same. The Proline is just fatter/taller, it's the plastic.

I'd give the Voodoo a try. However it does have a microbead, but it is hardly noticeable. I use Wizards for putting/drives/upshots but recently picked up an ER Voodoo and am loving it. Feels similar to a wizard but with a tiny bead and has more glide. Flies like a used Wizard. Straight with little fade out of the box.

IDK how they got those measurements, the only one that rings true is height...and that's re Proline Titanic, not base D-line. You'd need to see Pro D Magnet and D-line Titanic in person and side by side to see they're the same. The Proline is just fatter/taller, it's the plastic.

Right on. Sorry i was being a dick earlier. I guess i was just in disbelief. Pretty arrogant of me since im here to learn. Carry on gentlemen, dont listen to the a-hole with the newb hyzer. :doh:

Right on. Sorry i was being a dick earlier. I guess i was just in disbelief. Pretty arrogant of me since im here to learn. Carry on gentlemen, dont listen to the a-hole with the newb hyzer. :doh:

Each plastic sets up a little differently than the rest. The white disc is a proline Titanic. The pink is a soft magnet. The greenish one is a glo flx magnet. The height of the titanic is nearly identical to the glo flx. Where the soft magnet is a barely shorter.

The proline is more overstable than the soft magnets. Not by a lot brand new, but given the fact that the soft magnets beat in stupid quick and the proline doesn't it's significantly different flight.

Attachments

• IMG_20170130_194058.jpg
    IMG_20170130_194058.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20170130_194035.jpg
    IMG_20170130_194035.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170130_194005.jpg
    IMG_20170130_194005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 9

I didn't even notice, lol.

...I would just go with the Magnet, easy to find at stores and it comes in more plastics.

Each plastic sets up a little differently than the rest. The white disc is a proline Titanic. The pink is a soft magnet. The greenish one is a glo flx magnet. The height of the titanic is nearly identical to the glo flx. Where the soft magnet is a barely shorter.

The proline is more overstable than the soft magnets. Not by a lot brand new, but given the fact that the soft magnets beat in stupid quick and the proline doesn't it's significantly different flight.

Excellent! :thmbup:

So the OP already made some choices, but I wanted to weigh in just because I've had my own personal revelation.
First, understand I like beaded, shallow, straight to OS putters. The DGA Breaker takes the cake. I just played my home course with this one disc and it's pure beauty.

I do what the OP wants to do with the magnet/titanic. In my opinion the key to doing this is finding a mold with multiple plastics. I carry a proline titanic for hyzer shot, a soft for straight shots, a beat d for turnovers, a jawbreaker for jump putts, and to d for puts out to about 40'.