• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter that covers all shots

Emoney

* Ace Member *
So I like my putters to putt, approach, and drive. So I carry 6 wizards. 4 for driving and approaches and 2 for putting. I'm looking to possibly change molds because I feel the bead is messing with me.

So, what's the best 1 putter that covers all the shots within 300ft? That's available in multiple plastics?

I would prefer to stick with Discraft/DGA but Im open to others. Plus, I'm interested in what other ppl use. I feel having the same mold helps with consistency.

Proxy/pure are both pretty darn versatile. Proxy has a microbead, I am unsure about the pure. Proxy I feel is better for the all around everything kinda putter, as it can be gently tossed and goes straight or can be absolutely mashed and goes straight. Also can hyzer/anhyzer with ease.

many discmania pros use the P2 for everything (putts, upshots, drives). Its easy to do with the different plastics (S-Line for overstable, D or P for putts/straight shots).

Challenger is probably your best bet if you want to stick to Discraft/DGA. Lots of plastic choices. Those Jawbreakers are damn fine putters. If your looking at all putters from all manufacturers.......good luck.

Soft Atom works for me. Very shallow and no bead. Easily the farthest putter I can throw, almost a midrange. Solid performer on short putts, too.

Challenger is probably your best bet if you want to stick to Discraft/DGA. Lots of plastic choices. Those Jawbreakers are damn fine putters. If your looking at all putters from all manufacturers.......good luck.

He bags 6 Wizards, but he wants to "stick" with Discraft/DGA?

...yeah, Challenger if Discraft.

You already throw the Breaker and Steady. What are those not doing for you?

many discmania pros use the P2 for everything (putts, upshots, drives). Its easy to do with the different plastics (S-Line for overstable, D or P for putts/straight shots).

I would agree with this, particularly because they are beadless but still have good stability.

I'm the opposite of OP, I'm into putter specialization with a putting putter (Plutonium), approaching putter (Polecat) and a throwing putter (Breaker). I only mention this b/c OP was interested in what other ppl use. :\ I do suspect that my Plutoniums would be pretty decent at everything, now that I've got multiples I might test it. Doesn't come in a lot of different plastics but it comes in a great base plastic and it has a Voodoo bottom so microbead.

I'd probably try the Challenger like others have mentioned. The Roach fits your criteria as well but they're not as stable as Wizards, more neutral. If you like classic putter shapes, the Anode would really be worth a try if they came out with Electron ones to go with the N, Plasma, and Protons.

What he said.

So I like my putters to putt, approach, and drive. So I carry 6 wizards. 4 for driving and approaches and 2 for putting. I'm looking to possibly change molds because I feel the bead is messing with me.
So, what's the best 1 putter that covers all the shots within 300ft? That's available in multiple plastics?
I would prefer to stick with Discraft/DGA but Im open to others. Plus, I'm interested in what other ppl use. I feel having the same mold helps with consistency.

So from this I understand that you want one putter mold for all your putter duties. That can be done, especially if you cycle your putters. But you'll still be carrying more than one disc.

Discraft's Challenger in Jawbreaker plastic is one of my favorite putters, so that is what I'd recommend from them. I'm not a fan of Discraft's Pro-D line, though; noooo durability.

You might also look at the Discmania P2s, which are beadless. You can use the X, P, or D line plastics to putt, and the premium S or C lines to throw. The color glow C-Lines are really nice, IMHO.

Having said that, I am not a mold minimalist, so I would look at different putters for different tasks.

Small bead/no bead - P2, Challenger, Warlock, Voodoo, Warden, Small bead Omega/Aviar

If you like wizards I'd say work with them and learn to love the bead.