• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter that covers all shots

This is a can of worms. There are tons of putters out there that can do it all. BUT to best answer the question. a Non-beaded putter that comes in multiple plastic options that can do it all and is nice.

From my experiences. I really dig the Pa series. Pa3 is beaded, so for unbeaded, Pa2 is fairly stable. There's 200, 300, 350, 350 light, 400 and likely 750

The REKO seems like a good putter, but i think theres only 1 or maybe 2 plastics.

Non beaded AVIAR.....there are TONNNNNNNNNNNNNS of them and theyre are unlimited options.

^ this/

Of course, I had just decided the Warden was my putting putter, so there is a conflict now that must be resolved ;)

Welcome to my world. Should I get a P, D, or X-line P2 for putting, to go with my S-Line P2. Or should I stick with the Classic Warden?

(So far, Warden still winning out)

As many others have said, warlock is pretty close to a beadless wizard. Gateway plastic is awesome, and inexpensive. Give one a try and see if you like it.

I've heard those are quite good. So how come nobody good throws them?

Sometimes I don't pick up on sarcasm...

In case you were serious: Paul McBeth.

Also, supporting your "nobody good throws them" statement, I love that mold. I frequently take them out for one disc rounds so I can vouch that they are a viable candidate for a do everything putter. Several other putters can claim the same thing, though.

Last edited:
I've heard those are quite good. So how come nobody good throws them?

Looking at your sig... How come nobody good throws Wizards? Do we really need pros to throw a disc for it to be good at what it does?

(Note: I used to be all about the Wizard, great disc)

I bought a Luster P2 that I was going to use for short drives and approaches but it has become my main putter, at least on fairly dry days. On wet days I use either my R-Pro Rhyno or my JK Aviars due to better grip and being easier to dry. I think that the P2 can be a do it all putter though I do wish there would be a P2x.

Just because it's the number one selling golf disc of all time, and just because more champions have thrown them than any other Putter, you guys get all moist about it.

What is the AViar done for your game?

What is it about a non-beaded putter than can do more than a beaded putter?

There's no difference really, its a Preference of FEEL.

Beads typically add a little stability. But really its mainly a preference on FEEL of the rim. Some find the bead to be a good place to put the index finger and get a feel on how to release, others prefer not having the nub there as it can be distracting to some. ;)

Here's my lineup.

Soft Wizard - Main putter
Pro Rhyno - stable/slightly overstable approaches, circle putts on windy days.
Opto Pure - short drives, straight approaches.
Star Mirage - insanely flippy utility putter, so much fun to throw, so easy to throw huge turns even powered down.
Pro Pig - Meathook/skip shots
Gstar/DX Polecat - Floaty hovering anny approaches around hilly terrain