• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best ways of attaching patches to your bag

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have had trouble with iron-on patches staying on my Grip bag. I would like to hear any success stories on how best to attach a patch to your bag.

Thread and needle will work in some places, but the Gip bags have spots where it would be quite dificult, nay impossible. The drink holders, for instance. And the center/top of the bag above the GRIP text logo, since there's a flat piece of plastic in there.

Let me know anything you can -- glues, adhesives, gum, spit, whatever works!

On the recommendation of another disc golfer, I bought the Gorilla Glue precision pen from Home Depot for $4. So far the patches have held on great.

Bennett,

For both of my competition bags I tried the iron-on with little success, so I ended up resorting to Gorilla Glue brand Super glue. Works wonders to hold patches on, but it seems that less is more in that case. Sure I've had a few that have peeled a bit in spots from general use, but you can always touch those up.

Now in the case of a GRIP bag, something worth more than 4 competition bags, I wouldn't even consider putting glue on it. I don't think I could even bring myself to put a patch on my new A-Series because I think they look great without. Also, and I could be wrong, but would that void a warranty? Either way, if you really aren't too picky, give gorilla glue a try :thmbup:

EDIT: Damn you jtrod, that's what I get for typing up a fricken' novel.

Sewing will always be the best. You can buy curved upholstery needles to sew in the more difficult places on a Grip bag.

normal_sewing-needle-through-finger.jpg

Bennett,

For both of my competition bags I tried the iron-on with little success, so I ended up resorting to Gorilla Glue brand Super glue. Works wonders to hold patches on, but it seems that less is more in that case. Sure I've had a few that have peeled a bit in spots from general use, but you can always touch those up.

Now in the case of a GRIP bag, something worth more than 4 competition bags, I wouldn't even consider putting glue on it. I don't think I could even bring myself to put a patch on my new A-Series because I think they look great without. Also, and I could be wrong, but would that void a warranty? Either way, if you really aren't too picky, give gorilla glue a try :thmbup:

EDIT: Damn you jtrod, that's what I get for typing up a fricken' novel.
I agree about the new grip A , but I want to put something on mine
I just got some nickel sized huklab patches to see if I can get them on the straps.

I'll have to check out that liquid stitch. The huge drawback with any sort of superglue is that it dries extremely stiff and with too much flex it'll start to come off.

Grip said to use a needle with nylon thread. Any kind of glue can void your warranty.

Needle and thread is RIDICULOUSLY difficult...makeshift thimble helps, but still quite tough to do correctly, just guessing if I'm doing this right but I did manage to get one patch on in about 40 minutes...

Unless there are any seamstresses with any pointers on here..

I wasn't aware there was any way to attach patches to bags other than thread and needle. :\

Huh, the more you know... :D

Latest posts