• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

My black and green just showed up, and hot damn is this thing light as a feather! I think it will work great for me, but I see a couple of the issues others have brought up:

-The bottom could be a problem if the aluminum wears through, but this should be warranty covered I would think.
-Pockets certainly need some stretching out.
-Some of the stitching is a little unclean. I am wondering if mine came from the protos or from the contract sewing company.
-I have no idea how you can fit discs in both horizontally in the bottom and vertically without losing a ton of capacity. The vertical alignment holds plenty.

Honestly, though, this thing fits my needs. Great storage and design, but I could see a couple 2nd run tweaks in the offing. Will report more after heading to the course this evening.

BHB said on facebook that if you blow out the bottom, they will fix it. I thought I saw somewhere that these bags had a lifetime warranty.

Yes, they do have a lifetime warranty, so I imagine the bottom is covered by that, unless you drag it around like Linus drags his blankie.

Just got back from my first round with the Ergo, and it was great. Super comfortable, and not a hint of wanting to tip over at the hilly course I played. Very happy with my purchase so far. :thmbup:

man I can not wait to get this bag... I'm in the 300's and hoping within the next 10 days... seems..so...long...

BHB said on facebook that if you blow out the bottom, they will fix it. I thought I saw somewhere that these bags had a lifetime warranty.

That's great, but I don't want to send it back and be without my bag for a bit now that I've had a chance to use it for while.

Last night I applied my first coat of spray on truck bed liner to the bottom; I picked it up at my local automotive parts supplier. It noticeably made the bottom more abrasion resistant. I will put on another layer tonight, and probably one more layer a week for the next month.

later

That's great, but I don't want to send it back and be without my bag for a bit now that I've had a chance to use it for while.

Last night I applied my first coat of spray on truck bed liner to the bottom; I picked it up at my local automotive parts supplier. It noticeably made the bottom more abrasion resistant. I will put on another layer tonight, and probably one more layer a week for the next month.

later

Does that void your warranty?

Got my bag today! Only got in 9 holes before dark but I carried 16 discs and it felt really light. Anybody know what the straps on the bottom are for?

Can someone do a review on YouTube with the discs loaded ok the bottom of the main compartment and the vertical slots. It would great to see if you can get 20-24 discs total on this bag. Thanks!

Can someone do a review on YouTube with the discs loaded ok the bottom of the main compartment and the vertical slots. It would great to see if you can get 20-24 discs total on this bag. Thanks!
You can fit 19 in the 6 slots with 4 in the top and 3 in the rest. The post below from earlier in the thread and the pictures preceding it show that I was able to fit 24 and still have the side pockets for water or four more discs.
Breakdown is 12 drivers, 3 mids, 2 midters, 7 putters

1: 4 PDs
2: 2 Rivals and 1 Leopard
3: 2 Pures and 1 Polecat
4: Zone, MD2, Flying Squirrel
5: 2 TeeBirds and 1 Valkyrie
6: Zone, M3, Wizard
Tongue: 2 Wizards
Outside Front Pocket: PD, Saint, Omega AP BB

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll try to report after some of the long days how the bag is treating me.
I'm charging my camera finally and am about to basically do the video that I did with pictures from earlier.

I don't really see how you can fit discs both vertically and horizontally. The bottom is too tight on my bag to make it worthwhile.

I think maybe the bottom straps could be an alternate stool spot if you don't want to use the side...?

I tried them in the bottom and it made the back padding stick out. It was uncomfortable for me. No big deal because I will always use the stacked method, which is more than adequate for the amount I carry. I'm curious what you guys think with discs in the bottom.

Forgot to mention it also takes out around 3 of the slots when you do that.

Awesome. Thanks. I carry 16-22 depending on situation and course. I appreciate the response. I was wondering how the discs work out when u carry horizontally and vertically. Would this increase max storage? This bag looks sweet. It's so compact but the straps look huge which is awesome. The bag is very unique.

null-22.jpg

null-21.jpg

I tried them in the bottom and it made the back padding stick out. It was uncomfortable for me. No big deal because I will always use the stacked method, which is more than adequate for the amount I carry. I'm curious what you guys think with discs in the bottom.

Forgot to mention it also takes out around 3 of the slots when you do that.

This is my experience as well. You definitely lose more of the vertical storage than it is worth. A little bit of an advertising flaw on Big Hyzer's part, but I was always in it for the vertical alignment anyway.

Sweet looking rig!

Awesome. Thanks. I carry 16-22 depending on situation and course. I appreciate the response. I was wondering how the discs work out when u carry horizontally and vertically. Would this increase max storage? This bag looks sweet. It's so compact but the straps look huge which is awesome. The bag is very unique.

I think the way to max it out is to go vertical and use the front pocket and tongue pockets for storage. Yesterday I had it loaded up with 19 without even using those ones, and I think I had one putter in each side pocket. When I went out to the course, I had 3 putters in the front zip up pocket and 11 in the main - and that was with two slots left empty. You can certainly fit 22 in this thing, especially if you let the tongue hang open.

And that doesn't even take up the bottom storage area, which is like a clown car. Small, but surprisingly cavernous.

Glad I ordered the Black/Grey, Looks nice! Thanks for sharing all the info.

I'm so looking forward to more videos - they are helping me cope with not having the bag in my greasy little paws yet... I can't wait till mine shows up on my doorstep!