• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Man, I hope I didn't make a mistake with this bag? It was kind of funny. I was heading out to play and try out my new Voodoo Spinal Tap. When FedEx pulled up! So I had a chance to play 14 with the Voodoo and 14 with the Ergo. I'm still trying to mess with the set up on the bottom. Front flap out with 4 discs made it impossible to clip it closed and I really didn't like how much it hung down on the ground. I think the mids in the middle might work best, but they were tough on the bottom. Also will see if the fit in the bottom pouch. Question to you all. Does your frame move around at the "L" shaped joints at the bottom? I found that the vertical tubes would just swivel back and forth. Not very rigid, but makes it easy to get to stuff on the bottom. IDK after the ease of retrieving things from the Voodoo. This bag was kind of a pain, but I just need to mess with the set up a little more.
I'll read through some posts, but all ideas on setups would be nice.

Thanks!!!

So I could fit 26 total. All slots, but 2 fit 3 discs. The "2" will fit 4. I only put two putters in the lower pouch of the flap. Then I just zipped it up till only the pouch with discs was showing (No more resting on the ground). The mids fit in the front pocket and a putter in the mesh webbing in front of it. So now I have the main pocket open for "stuff".
Will put it to the test tomarrow. So we shall see! Have a great weekend!!

Not using the side pockets, I've got 25 discs in mine currently (probably will carry 22-24 on most courses ... we'll see)

breakdown:

- 3 putters in outer pocket (room for one more I think)
- Condor in "top" area of bottom storage pocket (Condor + 2 putters works in outer pocket as well)
- 1 putter in each tongue pocket (2 total)
- 5 mids and 14 drivers stored vertically in the main compartment

... and it feels like there's nothing in it when wearing it.

Only complaint so far is the water bottle holders, but I knew about that before buying so not really a problem. Might put some small pieces of foam/something to make the bottles stay vertical ...

For the Ergo owners out there.... Is your frame rigid (main vertical tubes) or does it swivel at the plastic "L" shaped piece? Mine rock back and forth at the base. Si I'm wondering if that's normal or not?

Question to you all. Does your frame move around at the "L" shaped joints at the bottom? I found that the vertical tubes would just swivel back and forth. Not very rigid, but makes it easy to get to stuff on the bottom.

Mine does this as well. Kind of swivels from left to right. It appears to be held together with one rivet at the joint and uses the fabric sleeves to keep it from going all over the place. I wonder why the too vertical tubes aren't connected to each other at the top? Just like a small "C" shaped tube working around the back side of rain fly would work. I think it would make the frame a lot sturdier.

Question to you all. Does your frame move around at the "L" shaped joints at the bottom? I found that the vertical tubes would just swivel back and forth. Not very rigid, but makes it easy to get to stuff on the bottom.
Mine actually came apart at the top of the bend early on in my trip. I would set it down, and it would tilt. I was concerned for a bit, but I realized the frame came apart. Looked at the connections and put it back together. It took a couple times resetting it, but I haven't had any more problems with it. Being that this is a pretty new bag design-wise, I kind of expected some of these issues to arise. So far none of them have been deal breakers for me.

So I could fit 26 total. All slots, but 2 fit 3 discs. The "2" will fit 4. I only put two putters in the lower pouch of the flap. Then I just zipped it up till only the pouch with discs was showing (No more resting on the ground).

I tried the same thing with the zippers but had trouble with them not holding.

Has anybody been able to fill it like so? This is a still I took from Brad Schick's video. It looks like about 14ish in the bottom, leaving 3 slots open at the top (another 6+ from my understanding). If arranged like this, how hard is it to remove the discs at the bottom? I'd rather not have the tongue hanging down and am thinking of keeping it unzipped but clipped at the top or tucked in...

Looking at what I carry (10ish drivers, 6ish mids, 2 putters) I think I would like the drivers at the bottom, mids in the slots, and putters in the outside pocket. Could some bored soul possibly try out that scenario for me and provide pics?

Thanks

Has anybody been able to fill it like so? This is a still I took from Brad Schick's video. It looks like about 14ish in the bottom, leaving 3 slots open at the top (another 6+ from my understanding). If arranged like this, how hard is it to remove the discs at the bottom? I'd rather not have the tongue hanging down and am thinking of keeping it unzipped but clipped at the top or tucked in...

Looking at what I carry (10ish drivers, 6ish mids, 2 putters) I think I would like the drivers at the bottom, mids in the slots, and putters in the outside pocket. Could some bored soul possibly try out that scenario for me and provide pics?

Thanks

Alright, here are a few configurations for you:

This is 10 drivers and 3 mids just in the bottom, with about 3 usable slots left for the additional mids and putters you carry. However, this makes the back bulge out a bit and isn't the most convenient.

For your setup, here's are 2 ways you can roll more comfortably:

6 mids in the top 2 slots, 10 drivers in the rest, and 2 putters on the outside. Or, if you want to carry water on the outside...

6 mids in the top 2 slots, 10 drivers in the rest, and 2 putters in the tongue. This way, you can leave the outside slots for water bottles.

For reference, here is how I am carrying it:

That's 2 putters in the top slot, 3 drivers in the next one, then 3 mids in the next. I put a Trident and two more putters below that, and still have two slots empty for backups. I put 3 putters in the front zipper pouch, and all the stuff to the side is what I fit in the large hidden storage compartment (and I could fit a ton more if needed). Plus, I can still fit water bottles on the side, and roll up the tongue. I really like this way of carrying it, as I can put everything I need in there and still bring backups. The capacity with the vertical alignment, I think, is the way to go for comfort and max storage.

Thinking about cutting the chest strap off. I'll never use them (broad shoulders) and they are kind of annoying when taking the bag on and off. Also considering removing the rainfly tether. This would give me the option of using the pocket for other things and storing the rainfly in the lower compartment. I doubt the rain fly will see much use anyway. It's also kind of protrudes into the main compartment a little. Pretty sure I've talked myself into now.

Thinking about cutting the chest strap off. I'll never use them (broad shoulders) and they are kind of annoying when taking the bag on and off. Also considering removing the rainfly tether. This would give me the option of using the pocket for other things and storing the rainfly in the lower compartment. I doubt the rain fly will see much use anyway. It's also kind of protrudes into the main compartment a little. Pretty sure I've talked myself into now.

The rainfly thing is a damn good idea. I was kinda hoping it velcroed, but just left it be when it didn't. What would you store in there? Might make a perfect key pocket...

this bag looks interesting. i would like a better water situation. i would not like to choose between filling the sides with discs or water. i would always choose discs and end up dead from dehydration!!