• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

When are there going to be Ergos in stock? I'd love to buy one, if there were one available.

IMG_0310_zps1b1ef78c.jpg

With the discs arranged like this, how much room is left in the bottom storage area? Also, how much storage is there on the side pockets? For reference, what are you guys carrying in the side pockets and bottom pocket?

Anybody able to comment on storage capacity of the lower pocket when arranged like so? Is there any room at all? What could theoretically fit in there? I spoke with John on the phone about custom colors and told him this would be my ideal layout, and he said it does take away some of the lower storage. Just wondering how much... and can you get anything like a hoodie or a couple of towels in a side pocket?

Any issues with bigger guys using this bag?

I had to return my Ergo2. It was too small. I had trouble getting it to my back. Straps are really short.

My wife really likes her Ergo2. I like the design but can't recommend it to big players.

Anybody able to comment on storage capacity of the lower pocket when arranged like so? Is there any room at all? What could theoretically fit in there? I spoke with John on the phone about custom colors and told him this would be my ideal layout, and he said it does take away some of the lower storage. Just wondering how much... and can you get anything like a hoodie or a couple of towels in a side pocket?

I just tested it out real quick. I put 8 drivers and 5 Rocs vertically, two putters in the front pocket, and two putters up top. The discs up top didn't fit very well with the front flap but I didn't mess with it much.

I could fit four drivers in the bottom storage laying down with enough extra room for a couple small towels. I think I could probably fit my XL rain jacket in there.

Personally, I think this setup defeats the purpose of the bag. Why not just get a Grip? (I have both, still trying to decide which I like more) The Grip was designed to carry discs this way, the Ergo wasn't.

The side pockets on the Ergo aren't terribly roomy. I can fit a couple beers in each, but not much more.

I just tested it out real quick. I put 8 drivers and 5 Rocs vertically, two putters in the front pocket, and two putters up top. The discs up top didn't fit very well with the front flap but I didn't mess with it much.

I could fit four drivers in the bottom storage laying down with enough extra room for a couple small towels. I think I could probably fit my XL rain jacket in there.

Personally, I think this setup defeats the purpose of the bag. Why not just get a Grip? (I have both, still trying to decide which I like more) The Grip was designed to carry discs this way, the Ergo wasn't.

The side pockets on the Ergo aren't terribly roomy. I can fit a couple beers in each, but not much more.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

I had to return my Ergo2. It was too small. I had trouble getting it to my back. Straps are really short.

My wife really likes her Ergo2. I like the design but can't recommend it to big players.

Thanks sandelius. How big are we talking? I'm 6'2" 230. What do you think?

Thanks sandelius. How big are we talking? I'm 6'2" 230. What do you think?

I'm 190cm = 6'23". I have quite wide shoulders, too.

But my English sucks so I took some comparison pictures of my wife's Ergo2 and Mission Workshow backpack that I use everyday.

Front

Back

Profile pic. Notice the height difference where straps are connected to the back of the pack. This is a major difference.

Okay. Ergo2 in my back. Straps are too short and tight. My arm is there to show how I'm going take the back off my back. It's really annoying and I can barely get my arm into that angle and position.

Mission Workshop Fitzroy. Notice the excess strap there. I can get that back into my back easily and off too.

For those of you who have had this bag for awhile how is it holding up? I am thinking about picking one up but want to hear some more longer term reviews on it. Is it worth $190? If your bag disappeared tomorrow would you buy another ergo2 or not?

For those of you who have had this bag for awhile how is it holding up? I am thinking about picking one up but want to hear some more longer term reviews on it. Is it worth $190? If your bag disappeared tomorrow would you buy another ergo2 or not?

I've had both series Grips and a Spinal Tap. I currently have a Mahal and Egro2. I use the Ergo 2 every round (except beer rounds, that's when the Mahal is perfect). No wear at all on it and I love it. Light on the back and easiest disc storage.

I grabbed a black and neon green! Hoping for an awesome experience unlike the one I had with my contender and the customer service that followed.

Latest posts