• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

big time sponsers

Cygnus

Birdie Member
So, recently I have seen a little bit of anhieser busch using disc golf as advertising.

does anybody know if companies like nike, addida, asics underamor have been sponsors for pro disc golf players? I know the sport isn't big enough to attract alot of money from these companies but just wondering if any of them have been dabbeling a little bit like anhieser busch?

So, recently I have seen a little bit of anhieser busch using disc golf as advertising.

does anybody know if companies like nike, addida, asics underamor have been sponsors for pro disc golf players? I know the sport isn't big enough to attract alot of money from these companies but just wondering if any of them have been dabbeling a little bit like anhieser busch?

Do you have a copy of the ad? I'd like to see it.

There was something going on with Paul McBeth/Paige Pierce and Dicks Sporting Goods, but apparently that fell through.

Btw, *sponsors*

Do you have a copy of the ad? I'd like to see it.

I don't. It was on a bud light commercial during my grandfathers tv program and a guy was throwing a blue bud light disc in a field behind a group of people hanging at a park. It was thin and beleved like the ones we throw.

I see snazzy red and white Budweiser disc golf bags with built in coolers coming soon.

I hope they keep the giant horses out of disc golf though, the piles those things drop would really mess up a fairway. Talk about a bad lie.

Vibram and Keen are the highest profile companies doing much sponsorship so far. Keen did some major sponsorship of pro worlds last year and has a few sponsored pros I believe, and Vibram liked us so much they dove into actually producing disc golf gear.

Vibram and Keen are the highest profile companies doing much sponsorship so far. Keen did some major sponsorship of pro worlds last year and has a few sponsored pros I believe, and Vibram liked us so much they dove into actually producing disc golf gear.

I didn't even think about them. I'm also interested in seeing non disc golf companies like vibram( at one point) sponsoring the sport.

If (and that's a big, unlikely if) we do get sponsors, it's likely to be companies like those that make products greta for disc golfers but not reliant on us for the bulk of their business. We think of Innova as big in the disc golf world, but they're tiny compared to the kind of company the op is talking about, competitive disc golfers would be an insignificant piece of their market.

If (and that's a big, unlikely if) we do get sponsors, it's likely to be companies like those that make products greta for disc golfers but not reliant on us for the bulk of their business. We think of Innova as big in the disc golf world, but they're tiny compared to the kind of company the op is talking about, competitive disc golfers would be an insignificant piece of their market.

Well what got me thinking about this is is I have 6 peices of asics underamor gear to play disc golf during winter.

1 compression shirt
1 compression pants
1 all season water resistant shirt and pants
1 beanie
and a pair of shoes. My clothes are worth around 350 dollars.

Their main market is just anybody who is active but I bought them for the sole purpose of disc golf.

We will all (excepting pros and perhaps TD's) rue the day a company like Nike gets involved with DG.

*shudders*

I didn't express my point very well above. Basically the way I see it is that the companies small enough to care about the small number of disc golfers don't tend to have huge advertising budgets, and the companies big enough to have that sponsorship money likely wouldn't see us as a viable demographic to spend it on. I would love to see big time sponsorship, but in a fringe sport that not even the people who play it will pay to spectate it's not likely to happen any time soon.

I think the sport in moving in the right direction. It will take time and more serious players for companies to invest heavily into a new sport.

Budweiser and viatamin water have tried event sponsorship as well as smaller micro brewing companies and other small energy mix companys.

Though i believe outdoor clothing & gear companys would be well suited for dg sponsorship, if i was them i would try to distance myself from the dg market due to our misuse, abuse, and promotion of abusing return policy.

As much as I have been playing lately, Ben Gay would be a lovely sponser.
I do know that Coca-Cola has added to some of the purses in some of the bigger NT's.
So its a start.

I think monster sponsored a tourney somewhere in pa last year. I remember seeing pictures and everyone had monster bags with energy shots and stuff in them.

Budweiser and viatamin water have tried event sponsorship as well as smaller micro brewing companies and other small energy mix companys.

Though i believe outdoor clothing & gear companys would be well suited for dg sponsorship, if i was them i would try to distance myself from the dg market due to our misuse, abuse, and promotion of abusing return policy.

Lulz, if you think that's any different than how hikers/bikers/paddlers treat REI's return policy you're being naïve.