• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Nuisance

Biggest Nuisance?

• POISON

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • THORNS

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • SHULE

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • DISC EATING EVERGREENS

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • SOGGY FOOTING

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • ROCKY FOOTING

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BAD TEES

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • BAD BASKETS

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • GRAFFITI

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • HIGH GRASS

Votes: 32 22.7%

• Total voters
describe for us how trees can be a negative?

Well, if you have a poorly designed wooded course, you might end up with a bunch of chuck and pray holes. There is nothing worse that a course with a bunch of trees and no lines to the basket.

I chose graffiti. The graffiti alone might not ruin my round, but in most cases if there is graffiti it is accompanied by litter and other signs of people's total lack of respect for the course and nature in general.

Your list is missing "Angry Huffers".

Nothing is worse than playing a nice secluded course only to stumble upon a forgotten old shelter that now houses an adolescent drug den.

I voted for shule but would probably say not being able to find the next tee. It is so frustrating to walk around aimlessly looking for the next tee.

You really should add n00bs to that poll. No offense to them, but they just don't get it sometimes.

bullseye.

i can deal with the bad course conditions, but the group of 9 17-year olds or the group of 7 drunk 45-year olds that hold up the entire course behind them grind my gears.

second to that? mosquitoes!

Damn I forgot deer ticks, deep water, snakes, jerky players, jerky public, nearby roadways, bees, gnats, horseflies, lions, tigers, bears, witches, disc gnomes, homeless bums, aggressive gays, flying monkeys, and mountain bikers....boy the list could go on forever......amazing with all the nuisances I still love the game like no other!

what the hell kind of course do you play at?!?!

I voted shule but I wish you had added bad or hard to follow layout. Not being able to find my around, and some of the maps are no good, ruins it quicker than anything. Some courses don't need maps, like the Grange, and that makes it a real joy when the place is laid out that well. It just sort of flows.

I say Tall Grass. It can contain poisin ivy and little thorn bushes. Also, when a disc goes into tall grass it's very hard to locate from afar even with using reference points. And if your disc is standing straight up in thick grass it's invisible from certain angles. I'm talking about 3-4 foot long grass. At Tyler Park the OB long grass is never maintained because the park harvests the grass for hay...and with the rain we've been having it's a jungle.

How about stickers and sand burrs that make your socks unbearable, gnat swarms at the tee boxes, chronic puddle spots (which lead to mosquitoes), baskets that are leaning because the mowers from the parks department keep bumping into them.

what the hell kind of course do you play at?!?!
Sadly, due to the size required for a park big enough to have a disc course in it, many of those same parks are attractive magnets for the alternative lifestyle crowd, particularly if they have lots of woods.

After scratching my cornea looking for a disc in a big thorny bush, I definitely choose thorns!

ahh bathtub meth...never ran into 'em on a golf course...i have seen a few courses where needles, crack vials, and used condoms litter the fairways...sedgley woods in philly...druid in baltimore come to mind...gilles creek in richmond...but i think they take over after dark

Concrete tee boxes that are aimed in the wrong direction. Anything else I can forgive, but this was a mistake made by the course's designers.

Concrete tee boxes that are aimed in the wrong direction. Anything else I can forgive, but this was a mistake made by the course's designers.

Not always a mistake - sometimes a course is reconfigured (for whatever reason) and it's just too d@mn hard to dig them concrete slabs out of the ground. Oak Grove in Pasadena is a prime example of this, although the original tees there are six-sided and can be used pretty much in any direction.

Latest posts