• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Distance for 1000 rated pro

How far away in a flat open field do 1000 rated pros ROUTINELY park within 10m?

• Total voters

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
In a flat open field from what distance should a 1000 rated pro be expected to park and hit a putt....essentially what is a deuce or die distance limi hole for 1000 rated pros

HAHA Nice! :thmbup:

Although you already biased the results by saying "Park it"

With that said 1000+ rated guys should expect to birdie a wide open 400ft hole ....70%+ of the time

Last edited:
Anywhere from 350-600.

At least 50-70% time. Multiple factors may deviate the usual throws.

350 for the 950-975 rated players
400 for the 975-1005 players
Over 400 for the 1005+

now Over 500 for the 1020+ is amazing. Skeptical but bar none.
Asssuming no wind, flat as phuck and wide open..
Them 1020+ boys will be within putting distance more often than not.

Just imagine your local 500+ hole being deuced by the travelling pro....
The stuff of legends.

Hypothetical questions are going to get broad answers. I think your other thread was going in a better direction, but there's no real concrete mix of what it takes to be a 1000+ rated pro, other than putting. I know a 1000+ rated pro that doesn't throw an inch past 400, but he can put it 380,accurately on any line you want him to. I think the biggest key, other than putting, is knowing your abilities and mastering how to play within them. Have I mentioned Putting?

It's tough to answer but I suspect it's 350'. Sure, most 1000 rated guys can throw a disc farther, but I don't know that all 1000 rated guys are necessarily counting on hitting that wide open 400'er going into the round. On the other hand, pretty much anyone can throw 330' to get in the 20' ring around the basket on a 350' hole, and if you don't get that you're hurting.

Now the 1020 guys are counting on hitting the wide open 400'er.

Actual stats for gold level is 33% birdies at 375.

thank you chuck

we mark the 10m mark at our home course with a brick and its very rare for ams, pros, or anyone to routinely get within that radius from 350 away on the opener holes.....we have a hole thats just under 200 ft and its parked routinely.....I suspect that most dont realize what type of precision is required to park a drive from over 300 ft

In a flat open field from what distance should a 1000 rated pro be expected to park and hit a putt....essentially what is a deuce or die distance limi hole for 1000 rated pros

Are there any other variables......wind, temperature,........??????