• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Blizzard from Innova Factory

Stable

* Ace Member *
I'm looking to buy several F2 Blizzard Champion Wraiths (160g-164g) from the Innova Factory Store. Anyone ever order factory second Blizzard discs from the factory store and have problems with the discs. Any problems that would make it lower quality from a normal Blizzard disc in retail?

They market F2's as having identical flight as retail discs, with the only defects being cosmetic. Almost half of my discs are F2's and I haven't had any issues.

I'm looking to buy several F2 Blizzard Champion Wraiths (160g-164g) from the Innova Factory Store. Anyone ever order factory second Blizzard discs from the factory store and have problems with the discs. Any problems that would make it lower quality from a normal Blizzard disc in retail?

I've gotten various F2 discs from the pro shop, including some blizzards. Never had a quality problem that I can remember. Biggest problem I had was getting colors I asked them to NOT send me (I struggle to see dark colors in the field).

Yeah my complaints are lack of color choice, bland looking stamps and lack of the name of the mold on top. I prefer the x-outs that have screwed up or multiple stamps instead of the generic F2.

Never had any problems with the F2 discs. They all feel and fly just as good as non F2 discs.

Usually just dark flecs in the plastic.

My experience with the blizzard is that the pop tops are generally normal Wraith stability, despite the lighter weight. The one flattish blizzard I threw was just to confirm for a buddy that it was noticeably US for a Wraith fresh out of the box.

The pop tops also make for awesome hyzer flip lines once beat in but none of mine were ever rope line straight like the flatter regular champs once beat in.

My experience with the blizzard is that the pop tops are generally normal Wraith stability, despite the lighter weight. The one flattish blizzard I threw was just to confirm for a buddy that it was noticeably US for a Wraith fresh out of the box.

The pop tops also make for awesome hyzer flip lines once beat in but none of mine were ever rope line straight like the flatter regular champs once beat in.

I am all about the pop-top blizzard Wraiths. I've got two right now at 160g and they are the farthest flyers I've had and they do just fine in moderate head/cross winds.

Our local disc store is about to have a 10% off, get to go in the stockroom and feel everything up sale if you want me to see if they have any pop tops in your weight range? Last such sale there were about 30 blizzard Wraiths to choose from.

Pm if so.

That's not my experience with pop-top blizzard Wraiths. The ones I've thrown have been significantly less stable than non-bubble plastic. They have significant turn out of the box, even for a 300ft noodle. In my experience the pop-top blizzard Wraith is a garbage disc

Dont buy blizzard wraiths.

Just get lighter wraiths or find a mold you dont need janky bubble tech. Nothing about the major production runs of blizzard are good IMO. Consistency is key to throws and molds which blizzard wraiths dont offerr.

I have a blizzard wraith i cant even throw right @ 400 ft. Its so stupid overstable and combined with the light weight i just find it flys strangely. Its flatter toped.

I can torque over a good bit of OS discs to fly anhyzer. But the wraith flight is most similiar to my faf champ firebird. I can put everything on it an throw roller and ill get a S shot. Wraith goes longer by a little, around 300 ft. Its like i literally cant keep the wraiths nose down for more then a second or two.

So ya go with Aims suggestion. Lighter weight wraith. They cant get these blizzard discs to mold up the same even disc to disc, same run let alone different runs.

Dont buy blizzard wraiths.

Just get lighter wraiths or find a mold you dont need janky bubble tech. Nothing about the major production runs of blizzard are good IMO. Consistency is key to throws and molds which blizzard wraiths dont offerr.

This may be true with the really lightweight blizzards. I've just found that sweet spot between 160-163g that gives me my best max distance. The only way I've been able to get that with the Wraith is with a pop-top blizzard. Right now I've got Wraiths at 175g Star, 166g Champion and 160 Blizzard in my bag. Covering things perfectly that way. I don't let the blizzard hit any trees. It's for wide open - throw it as far as I can shots and it has been the only disc I've ever used to perform as well as it has.

if you want to avoid boring "FACTORY SECONDS INNOVA DISC GOLF" stamps, buy your x-outs/seconds from Disc Golf United (innova east coast). They don't have the cumulative frequent buyer points of the innova factory store, but the x-outs are misprints of tourney stamps, double stock stamps, and even cooler stuff like misprint team stamps/airforce stamps/ect.

DGU is weird when it comes to ordering stock discs, but x-outs are awesome there.

Bought a Blizzard Wraith, I hate the damn thing. Its so freaking flippy. I can launch my Star and StarLite Wraiths but that Blizzard mess just bombs right (RHBH) everytime I throw it with the same power as my others.

Bought a Blizzard Wraith, I hate the damn thing. Its so freaking flippy. I can launch my Star and StarLite Wraiths but that Blizzard mess just bombs right (RHBH) everytime I throw it with the same power as my others.

What is the weight? Flat or pop-top dome?

158, pop top dome. I like all my long range drivers, katana, Vulcan, wraiths and bosses to be pop top. This one isn't any more so than the others I throw.

Try various hyzer release angles, heights, with 200' putter approach power. I took a 150g DX Wraith out yesterday and had a blast with huge annys and decent distance. Probably 300' as the crow flies, 340' on its total flight path. The only discs I've seen that can't fly flat at some point are so physically worn down on the underside that the rim depth is next to nothing.

Yeah I've got my starlite wraith and boss on some awesome lines. Just had to hyzer flip it. Even the boss, I have to put a bit of an angle on it.