• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines gets a ZERO?

ty moderator, your integrity is top notch. almost at the level of the enron execs

Picking a fight with the godfather? :eek:

just stating how i feel and not being allowed. its simple. the staff at a course should be factored into its review, and the owners of said course have a larger piece of the pie then their normal staff. regular staff can be replaced, owners can not. I could go to the best course in the world, but if their dumb ass maintenance worker keeps parking his damn cart in front of the tee box, and grabbing my disc off the ground after my shot, does that effect the courses ranking? by the logic I am seeing in this thread, no, it does not, because we are grading the course alone, not the other factors that go into it.

You are totally wrong, most people on here would be ok if the 5 you gave the course was downgraded to a 4 or so because of the situation. . I mean why do you play disc golf to see and play an awesome course or to have nice conversations with maintenance workers????

I have no problem taking the course rating down a notch or two but how big of a factor should the worker be?? 100% 80% or maybe something more like 10% . . I mean you really should be thankful they have a maintenance worker, since they provide you with a great course and that is what you $ goes towards. It is their job to keep you out of the pond, because you may do damage to the property in doing so. Plus their liability with you going into the pond goes up!

*writes a review that airs a personal conflict between two people on a website*

*people talk about review and it gets removed*

"Why can't we handle this conflict in private? Huh moderator? Where did the privacy go?" - dumb guy who wrote the dumb review.

*doesn't understand the hilarious irony of this at all*

How bout some middle ground here? Like "I would have rated this course a 4.5 or a 5 but my experience with the staff makes it more like a 3 or 3.5.
If I went to a course and was attacked by a bunch of thugs I would rate the course low just to warn others not to go there for their safety.
The old dude didn't ask you to leave and didn't call the cops on you and your buddys.

"Why can't we handle this conflict in private? Huh moderator? Where did the privacy go?" - dumb guy who wrote the dumb review.

I'm going to just start reading your summation of threads. Saves time, covers all the relevent points, and is way funnier.

I could go to the best course in the world, but if their dumb ass maintenance worker keeps parking his damn cart in front of the tee box, and grabbing my disc off the ground after my shot, does that effect the courses ranking? it.

This is a good analogy. This is the exact same thing as you dipping in their pond illegally.

the privacy issue was me asking the mod why the first review was removed and what i can change to avoid my next one being removed. the review was about the dumb **** owner of Blue Ribbon Pines. Two different people (or so I think...). The purpose of the review was to warn others about the dumb **** owner and his made up rules (or not displayed, you be the judge).

dumb guy

on the plus side, my post count is going up... maybe i can no longer be a bogey member

show me the sign that says you can not retrieve your disc from the water, and I will drop the whole issue and admit I was wrong.

I'll wait

So rules only count if they are written on a sign?

Anyway that doesn't matter b/c I found the sign by googling "Blue Ribbons No Dipping"

Here ya go:

Signage

the privacy issue was me asking the mod why the first review was removed and what i can change to avoid my next one being removed. the review was about the dumb **** owner of Blue Ribbon Pines. Two different people (or so I think...). The purpose of the review was to warn others about the dumb **** owner and his made up rules (or not displayed, you be the judge).

dumb guy

So you are complaining some dude didn't let you do whatever you wanted on his private property? He sure sounds like a jerk.

So rules only count if they are written on a sign?

Anyway that doesn't matter b/c I found the sign by googling "Blue Ribbons No Dipping"

Here ya go:

Signage

if a police office pulled you over and tried to write you a ticket for wearing a green sweater on a tuesday, would you want to see where it was written that you cant wear a green sweater on a tuesday, or would you just pay the fine?