• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
When the rules were written for the PDGA discipline we didn't have XXXXX number of outlets for people to view-read-compete in disc golf. Just six years ago I myself hardly new names other then what was written on my disc's. Now we have become a sport with multiple reporting outlets. Bet if it was not for Utiword's post no one would have noticed for a while. Not like I check the suspended list everyday.

Its time to be a little more clear on what the suspension was involving along with redacted statements from both parties. No need to drag the second person or third if it was evolving someone else witnessing the event. Yes it was a second offence but what past suspensions or cases give it a 18 month suspension?

As for the comment on Nikko. That's a rock and a hard place. He has been a staple on tour for so long that the players might find it hard to call him/report on the incident. PDGA prob doesn't want to get too involved with being the bad cop and report it themselves.

I guess I can't take the PDGA's disciplinary actions seriously when we see other top pros slamming their stools on the ground during a live broadcast and swearing on live broadcasts, amongst other things.

If we are supposed to hold Williams up to the torch in an effort to legitimize our sport, perhaps he should have some company.

I guess I can't take the PDGA's disciplinary actions seriously when we see other top pros slamming their stools on the ground during a live broadcast and swearing on live broadcasts, amongst other things.

If we are supposed to hold Williams up to the torch in an effort to legitimize our sport, perhaps he should have some company.
100% agree with this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Jesús chrísto... To those saying 18 months is a long time. It's because he was currently on a probationary period already! So yeah 18 months might sound like a lot, maybe it was a terrible act he did. NO ONE HERE EVEN KNOWS! And when your on probation and get infracted, the term could have been doubled or tripled, we don't know.

Who cares about this scrub. He did it to himself. I don't get all the boo-hoos. The guys seems like a legitimate douche.

Now 18 months for Nick Diaz smoking the ganj, as a fighter makes no sense at all... ;)

Member players ought to stop referring to "the PDGA" as "they". The PDGA is an "us". We are a member-driven organization utilizing the republic form of representation. If "WE" don't like anything that the PDGA does, all we have to do is get together and elect new people to the offices in the next few elections. Or even better, those who dislike what's going on should run to serve as an officer. They officers of the PDGA represent the members -- at least the members who choose to vote.

Beat me to it.

I love it when people rail against the PDGA like it's the NFL and Brian Graham is Roger Goodell. Hilarious.

Don't like the PDGA? Don't pay dues to the PDGA. Problem solved, 100%. Simple,

If you feel like changing the PDGA, do the work to change it. Become a director, get hired by them.

Jesús chrísto... To those saying 18 months is a long time. It's because he was currently on a probationary period already! So yeah 18 months might sound like a lot, maybe it was a terrible act he did. NO ONE HERE EVEN KNOWS! And when your on probation and get infracted, the term could have been doubled or tripled, we don't know.

Who cares about this scrub. He did it to himself. I don't get all the boo-hoos. The guys seems like a legitimate douche.

Now 18 months for Nick Diaz smoking the ganj, as a fighter makes no sense at all... ;)

You seem very unbiased and objective about this issue. :|

A year and half is a fairly long time for a shoulder bump that was reconciled that tournament. I get that he was on probation but how long was his probation? Is 18 mos a customary length of time for violating a probation? If I shoulder bump MTL at a tourney will I get an 18 month suspension? Will he ban me for life? If the PDGA doesn't explain why it chose this length of time then we'll keep having questions and future controversies (i.e. McBeth totally bumped into Ricky at such and such tourney! He should've gotten 6 mos at least!).

Hell, if the PDGA said "We put some random dates on a wheel and spun it while MTL threw a dart and it landed on 18 months so that's what BW got" I would be satisfied with at least having some modicum of their disciplinary process.

A year and half is a fairly long time for a shoulder bump that was reconciled that tournament. I get that he was on probation but how long was his probation? Is 18 mos a customary length of time for violating a probation? If I shoulder bump MTL at a tourney will I get an 18 month suspension? Will he ban me for life? If the PDGA doesn't explain why it chose this length of time then we'll keep having questions and future controversies (i.e. McBeth totally bumped into Ricky at such and such tourney! He should've gotten 6 mos at least!).

Hell, if the PDGA said "We put some random dates on a wheel and spun it while MTL threw a dart and it landed on 18 months so that's what BW got" I would be satisfied with at least having some modicum of their disciplinary process.

I mooned MTL at a tournament and no disciplinary action was taken.

I will only give this opinion, which applies to many PDGA issues. Member players ought to stop referring to "the PDGA" as "they". The PDGA is an "us". We are a member-driven organization utilizing the republic form of representation. If "WE" don't like anything that the PDGA does, all we have to do is get together and elect new people to the offices in the next few elections. Or even better, those who dislike what's going on should run to serve as an officer. They officers of the PDGA represent the members -- at least the members who choose to vote.

I have a deep distrust of single-issue voting, because the individual in agreement with that one issue also brings a set of priorities and predispositions that will also be imposed with the candidate's election.

A better solution would be a provision for FOIA requests and/or referenda.

Too bad for him, Salient Discs doesn't exist anymore.
He would have been a great promoter of the American Disc Golf Tour 2017 :D:D:D

And I'm still waiting for the PDGA to provide more information about this, so we can see if the 18 months suspension is appropriate. Usually, when there is a big sanction, a statement is published with some information about the fraud.

For the basket kicking incident, he was suspended on 8/11/15 for three months, with two years probation, to expire on 8/10/17, so he had roughly a year to go before this latest incident.

If I were to guess, 18 months was chosen either because they wanted him gone for a year and to not have that year expire before next season was over, or because they do have a hierarchy of "sentencing" that they follow and that was the next step (or perhaps they skipped a step for the violation coming while he was on probation).

To those asking if this is the longest PDGA suspension ever...not even close. Back 10-15 years ago, there was a player suspended for five years. I don't recall what the suspension was for exactly, but while he was suspended, he tried to play a PDGA event. He got a new suspension of 10 years for that.

If you look at the Disciplinary Actions list, you see a guy who's been suspended since 2004 at the top of the list (listed as a 6+ month suspension). Another who's been on the list since 2008 serving a suspension of undefined length. A whole bunch more on there are listed as 3+ month suspensions that have lasted nearly a decade. In fact, most suspended players are serving what amount to indefinite suspensions (TDs who have not paid their tournament fees and won't be reinstated until they do).

When the rules were written for the PDGA discipline we didn't have XXXXX number of outlets for people to view-read-compete in disc golf. Just six years ago I myself hardly new names other then what was written on my disc's. Now we have become a sport with multiple reporting outlets. Bet if it was not for Utiword's post no one would have noticed for a while. Not like I check the suspended list everyday.

Its time to be a little more clear on what the suspension was involving along with redacted statements from both parties. No need to drag the second person or third if it was evolving someone else witnessing the event. Yes it was a second offence but what past suspensions or cases give it a 18 month suspension?

As for the comment on Nikko. That's a rock and a hard place. He has been a staple on tour for so long that the players might find it hard to call him/report on the incident. PDGA prob doesn't want to get too involved with being the bad cop and report it themselves.
What Nikko incident are you talking about?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Why in the world would you have this expectation? Should all active PDGA members vote on what the consequences should be? Maybe we should put a poll up here and send the results to the PDGA so they know what should be done...

I mean, I will admit to somewhat curious myself, but I certainly don't see that as something I deserve to know just because I play disc golf too. When you approach the scene of a car accident, do you stop and ask the police for the details seeing that you also have a driver's license and are on the same road?

What am I missing?

In one you you can be a member which you pay to get into a club or whatever and one you are someone driving by an accident. Seems you're missing a lot or didn't think it thru. No being a dick just a horrible comparison lol.

The details really are none of your business. Just because you are an active PDGA member doesn't mean you have any right to have them give you gossip material.

It would be nice to know how someone **** up so others don't do it. If someone wondered into the woods and fell into quicksand, it would be beneficial to everyone else to know WHERE NOT TO STEP, same thing with rules.

Honestly I think we need details in every incident where a player gets suspended. I'm thinking of when Nate Diaz got suspended for cannabinoids in his system from the UFC for 5 years, what if the UFC didn't have to give the details. There would have been no up roar and Nate wouldn't have gotten back into the ring much sooner and started crushing again. Until details are given we don't know if the PDGA did right or not cuz these big organizations can start ****ing up majorly in a couple of quick ticks.

Last edited:
So one post SUGGESTS a shoulder bump and that automatically means that's fact and that's what happened?