• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

I COMPLETELY approve of the stamp mod! All you stamp designers out there should ask a disc golfer if he needs the flight #'s or the fpdga seal of approval on their disc or not.

Oh yeah, I'm also liking the negative bw's Goose :D

Looking great, Zach! :thmbup:
Gotta get you a set of non-camouflage colors, though. :D
Wish I had some white discs to send you on spec.

Thanks Jeff.... had to do the blue on dayglo because I wanted to match the stamp. Marble dyes in general are camo by nature :)

I COMPLETELY approve of the stamp mod! All you stamp designers out there should ask a disc golfer if he needs the flight #'s or the fpdga seal of approval on their disc or not.

Oh yeah, I'm also liking the negative bw's Goose :D

Thanks Dan.... I am getting closer here. Not quite there yet. Jeff had like 5 years on me.

I had to alter the stamp.... love the AVENGER portion.... love the metallic blue.... absolutely hated the circle portion, flight numbers, and the "extra long stable driver" portion. Plus that extra stuff was taking up dye space.

dqjjnq.jpg

working on using more colors now that I'm getting patterns I like

My main issue is when i put the dye down to be sure and leave enough spacing to kind of move the disc around and not have the dyes mix a ton and still be able to get all areas of the disc. If anyone is interested in the process just ask

More than that, a friend here in KC says he got his in '02.

This is around the time he learned how. There is that thread on pdga forums where he pretty much gave away his method.(not very specific though) dates back to 2005 on the forums for sure

my first attempt. please reply with any pointers or critique. this has been really fun.
28hcxlh.jpg
[/IMG]

So who is using what for their bwaves? I have been trying clear hair gel as I think goose has. What combinations are the rest of you trying?

I am using LA looks sport for the waves... and then soap/idye for the color. The more I try this, the more that I realize it is a 2 step/2 day process. Day one is waves.... day 2 is background.

When I get time this weekend I have an idea for a new look/process. It will be completely new as far as I know.... a new twist.

I am using LA looks sport for the waves... and then soap/idye for the color. The more I try this, the more that I realize it is a 2 step/2 day process. Day one is waves.... day 2 is background.

Does the gel you use for the brainwaves hold/transfer dye? It obviously works great for negatives, but I was curious if you could use it for colored brainwaves... Thanks!

I'm using nothing but hair dye for my waves

I slop some dye down on a plate, spread it a bit with a spoon, slap the disc down, and then pick it up.

The harder I press the smaller waves I get

a0kwaa.jpg

my new attempt at a brainwave marbling. experimenting could never be more entertaining.

35ck3yx.jpg