• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

I have my first attempt sitting on the shelf right now. I'll post it when it's done. Should I wait 2 or 3 days for it to set, or is one good enough?

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but today I found out that punky colour seems to mix well with SC.
I just mixed up some flamingo pink, SC, and a tiny bit of water and spread on top of a clear vector.
Not really BW style but I will see how it turns out after ~ 10 hours.
I am going to try the Punky/SC mix on some SC marbling jobs later in the week.

Has anyone else noticed that Punky Color brainwaves seem to fade quickly, especially when exposed to sun?

I have not yet, but on a side note, Finally a good result!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 249
My first attempt at brain waves. Learned a lot.
e6ueyt.jpg

After reading all 68 pages I feel like I just finished a Hardy Boys novel! Great work everyone. So whats everyones dyes look like today? It's been roughly 4 months since the Punky dye was discovered and I'm curious how well the colors held. Some fading is to be expected but since it's a semi-permanent hair dye I'm wondering if fading was speedup, especially those exposed to sunlight. Would Goose, Katana or anyone else care to chime in?

I did this esp flx buzzz a few months ago. Was throwing it today and noticed how easy it is to find in the weeds because the colors are still very vibrant. It has not bled through to the back side yet and has not blurred very much so far. Still looks like it did right after the rinse. It's never been exposed to sunlight for more than a few minutes so not sure how much that would speed up the fade.
Buzzzwave.jpg

I had a Glo Z Zone done by Dan Howard that still looks like it did when I got it. It has a couple hundred rounds on it, and I usually throw it around a dozen times a round.

Dan's ink faded very quickly

Thanks gents. Good to hear it's holding well.

I've been disappointed on a couple that Dan did for me. The color went very quickly and this one hasn't seen the light of day in months :thmbdown:

Attachments

• coloredIonDSC_3543_zps191a3a69.jpg
    coloredIonDSC_3543_zps191a3a69.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0832.jpg
    DSCN0832.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 210
I've been disappointed on a couple that Dan did for me. The color went very quickly and this one hasn't seen the light of day in months :thmbdown:
The softer the plastic the more you lose color.

Think of grandpa's tattoos he got during the war.

Latest posts