• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Breaker Questions

BobFromAccounting

Bogey Member
To those who have thrown a DGA Breaker:

I'm looking to possibly purchase a DGA Breaker in the near future. Looking at the DGA Breaker dimensions, it seems very similar to the DGA Quake, which works well for me.

My two questions are:

1. Does the Breaker have the same inward slanting rim, like the Quake does?
2. What are your thoughts on the Breaker's thumb track? Good, bad, ugly?

I would primarily be using the Breaker for strong headwind putts and off the tee.

Any help appreciated!

1. Like a plus rim? If it's a plus rim, it's not much of one, feels pretty straight up and down to me.

2. I like it a lot. It's barely noticeable but it's enough to make it feel slimmer in the hand than it really is. As usual, doesn't do much for glide if that's what you're looking for.

I've had two, a 1st run pro line and a SP line. They make really good throwing putters, decently beefy when new but the fade beats out of them while retaining a lot of HSS.

The breaker I owned was proline and I don't remember it having a weird rim at all. I'll agree with BrotherDave that the thumb track (if you even want to call it that) is quite comfortable. Overall it is a great disc that is often overlooked - just like most of DGA's lineup.

I think I still have an SP at home (traded in some discs recently, hence the uncertainty-I can check tonight after work) that I used to use a lot but moved on to a Harp and more recently a Jokeri. No thumb track that I can recall on it. If you haven't already bought one, I'd be happy to send it trade it to you in exchange for some disc you no longer throw that is still in decent shape (the Breaker I think I still have is).

1) Looks and feels straight up and down, to me.
2) I prefer the Breaker's subtle thumb dip to an abrupt track, a la Rhyno.

The Breaker was one of my favorite discs. (going beadless so I dropped it). One of my few aces (A lot of short courses in my area that begged for putters off the tee), and by far the most metal hits.

Thrown low and hard, dead straight all the way to the ground. You can back off it quite a bit and still get decently straight flight, just with a healthy fade at the end.

First run Prolines are really stiff. SP's are Z. New Prolines are like a BigZ or Ti blend. Pretty firm but tackier than SP. Also, you can mix some Ringers in there if you want the mold in SoftX or Jawbreaker.

So, I do still have it. It's a yellow SP in good shape. If you want to trade something, let me know. If not, no worries, I'll hang on to it in case I lose my Jokeri.

So, I do still have it. It's a yellow SP in good shape. If you want to trade something, let me know. If not, no worries, I'll hang on to it in case I lose my Jokeri.

The only discs I have to trade are a maroon Innova 175 Champion Exaliber, with a small Huk Lab stamp on it, and a yellow Discmania 166 DDX, also with a small Huk Lab stamp on it.

Both in newer condition.

To those who have thrown a DGA Breaker:

1. Does the Breaker have the same inward slanting rim, like the Quake does?
2. What are your thoughts on the Breaker's thumb track? Good, bad, ugly?

1. - No. It's basically a beaded Zone/Harp but not quite as OS.

2. - Very subtle; doesn't bother me at all.

The Breaker is a great headwind putter and flick putter. Also good for approaches that need to stick and curl and not skip. I prefer SPs cuz I've beat turn into Prolines.

The only discs I have to trade are a maroon Innova 175 Champion Exaliber, with a small Huk Lab stamp on it, and a yellow Discmania 166 DDX, also with a small Huk Lab stamp on it.

Both in newer condition.

Yeah, I'll just hang on to it. I can't use either of those drivers; way too fast for me.