• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Had another good one going today until...

He was -6 standing on 14s tee... and went bogey-par-bogey-par-dubogey to finish -2 for the day

It seems like he's had quite a few late-round hiccups this year. As a pro athlete, it's hard to think conditioning would be the issue, and he's used to the heat in Texas...maybe his surgically-repaired knees have trouble holding up to 3+ hour rounds?

It seems like he's had quite a few late-round hiccups this year. As a pro athlete, it's hard to think conditioning would be the issue, and he's used to the heat in Texas...maybe his surgically-repaired knees have trouble holding up to 3+ hour rounds?

He has been wearing a knee sleeve on the left lest the last month or so. I don't think that's really the issue though cause he's had some really good finishes also...(like birdies on the last 5 holes to earn a USDGC spot at Goat Hill)

It's just comes down to consistency and inexperience. He's still learning the game's finer details. When to throw what shape of shot, FH or BH, with what disc, in what wind, on to what kind of slope/flat ground. He's also still got some nose angle issues. Combine those, add a little pressure from competing and you get a recipe for some bad stretches of holes sometimes.

IMO, it's mostly random when they occur.

Was wondering why he wasn;t at The Preserve. Thought he was signed up for it. Hopefully he can make it to Idlewild in a couple weeks.

I don't pay attention to his social media, any idea if he's indicated previously that they've both been vaccinated?

Not trying to make it a discussion of that's what you get for not being vaccinated. I'm in IL right across the river from St Louis. Right now Missouri is pretty much the worst place in the country as far as delta variant spread is concerned. St Louis city and county put the public mask mandate back in effect this week even if you've been vaccinated. The decision is going to a federal court to determine if they have authority to make that call.

The point is, I don't necessarily know if we're in the clear yet, or around here at least. Reports have said that in our area we pretty much only have delta at this point. It seems as if things aren't as certain anymore as far as how vaccinated individuals will fare being exposed to delta.

I don't pay attention to his social media, any idea if he's indicated previously that they've both been vaccinated?

no indication from what I've seen, but also not an anti-vax vibe IMO (from what I can remember)

I would say definitely not in the clear. maybe we're headed towards a world where everybody gets covid at some point in their lives, but I'd like to wait as long for that to happen to me as possible so that the side effects/long haul symptoms can be studied more and possible treatments developed. and that's coming from somebody relatively young/healthy

anyways, I'm trying not to get too off topic. hope Brodie and his wife both fully recover as quickly as possible

Last edited:
A recent mass outbreak in Mass. was delta variant where the majority of cases involved people who had been vaccinated, so it's definitely possible for that variant to infect you even if you've been vaccinated. Studies also showed that those who had been vaccinated were definitely carrying virus in their nasal passages and were likely just as infectious as those not vaccinated.

The vaccines still provide very good protection against severe illness, hospitalization and death. I believe they also provide protection against infection, just not as much protection. That doesn't mean you won't feel bad if you get it and are vaccinated, just that it's (much?) less likely. So, absent a statement one way or the other, the mere fact that they are feeling ill doesn't tell us much about their vaccination status.

Latest posts