• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts a "Winter Tour"

even if that happened I don't think it would be a top level tour. Most of the pros that are out on the road probably wouldn't need the additional money (or stress) over the 3ish months that they can actually relax a bit.

Northern VA is crazy expensive, probably way higher on average than Dallas.

Ick

Dallas is 32.7% less expensive than Ashburn.
Dallas housing costs are 60.3% less expensive than Ashburn housing costs.
Health related expenses are 5.3% less in Dallas.

Since I am bored.

- Overall, Dallas, Texas is 22.6% more expensive than Lynchburg, Virginia
- Median Home Cost is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.
- Median Home Cost is 45% more expensive in Dallas.

All data provided by bestplaces.net This is not an endorsement of the web site just the top of a google search.

Not fer nuthin, but if they want kids they need to stay in North Dallas. Greatschools.org is what most realtors use for education assessments - Lynchburg has one school rated 7 out of 10 but Frisco Texas has only one school rated 'below average' out of 2 dozen.
(p.s. -That's why we moved here)

Ick

Dallas is 32.7% less expensive than Ashburn.
Dallas housing costs are 60.3% less expensive than Ashburn housing costs.
Health related expenses are 5.3% less in Dallas.

Since I am bored.

- Overall, Dallas, Texas is 22.6% more expensive than Lynchburg, Virginia
- Median Home Cost is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.
- Median Home Cost is 45% more expensive in Dallas.

All data provided by bestplaces.net This is not an endorsement of the web site just the top of a google search.

yea but Dallas sucks

yea but Dallas sucks

Too true.

My son asked, "you don't like going to Dallas, do you?"

"No son, I don't. I only go there if I have no other choice. They drive like people in Fort Worth only faster and there is more of them."

Speaking of which...

Had a decent day at the golf course... -4 and atm has moved up 40ish spots and is above the cut line but there are a lot of guys just starting their rounds right behind him

Brodie playing a ball golf tourney? If you simply use golf or golf course, per this thread, you are playing ball golf. Disc golf has the "disc" part in front of it. Get with the program already.

Not fer nuthin, but if they want kids they need to stay in North Dallas. Greatschools.org is what most realtors use for education assessments - Lynchburg has one school rated 7 out of 10 but Frisco Texas has only one school rated 'below average' out of 2 dozen.
(p.s. -That's why we moved here)

Towne Lake is such a great course, and this is coming from someone who's spoiled with an abundance of SE Michigan courses. Afterwards I went across the street to play Alex Clark, ended up playing through a big group, two of which I recognized as Eric McCabe and Paige Pierce.

And there is probably zero chance either Brodie or Paul is sending their future kids to public school

Last edited:
I certainly can't imagine Brodie not indoctrinating his children in a private christian school. He's really into proselytizing.

Is he? I don't watch a lot of his stuff, but what I have watched I've not seen anything like that.

It wouldn't be a surprise of course.

I certainly can't imagine Brodie not indoctrinating his children in a private christian school. He's really into proselytizing.

Is he? I don't watch a lot of his stuff, but what I have watched I've not seen anything like that.

It wouldn't be a surprise of course.
Excuse me, gentlemen?

Can I have a few moments of your time to talk to you about grace, salvation, and the benefits of the First Evangelical Church of Conrad?

On Twitter he promotes religious podcasts he guests on regularly.
He's best buddies with McBeth. Who married a girl who graduated from one of America's most aggressive evangelical universities. Even if he isn't a crazy religious fellow himself, no one should be surprised by his willingness to fall into the available profit.

He's best buddies with McBeth. Who married a girl who graduated from one of America's most aggressive evangelical universities. Even if he isn't a crazy religious fellow himself, no one should be surprised by his willingness to fall into the available profit.

If he starts cleaning the McBs pool you know shiz gettin weird

Rough round. The only time I've put Brodie in my Grip6 Picks and he stinks it up. He does seem to struggle with wind.

Right, getting good at playing in the wind takes a lot of time and experience. You can't just muscle and overpower your way into hot rounds in the wind against these fields. It takes a lot of angle and nose control and there is no substitute for years of experience. You can't just take your most stable disc and throw it on a hyzer, especially when throwing approach shots and in the woods too. Factor in elevation and disc stability means a lot less and angle and nose control means everything.

Who is doing post produced? GK pro?