• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Oh darn, we get to miss out on some middle-of-the-road pro disc golf. I guess we will just have to settle for watching more elite pros play Preserve and Idlewild. :|

I'd assume his wife is recovered since she's smelling farts in gas stations :eek:

https://twitter.com/KelseyLowrance/status/1425807891882250245

Nah man, she be spreadin'. Seriously, I used to work in a gas station during college and the sickest and grossest people would come in without shoes, cough everywhere, bring their dog in to look at the hotdogs being sold. And this was all before the Rona. People treat a gas station worse than they would any other place in the world.

Seriously though, I am sure she is probably feeling better and am just kidding about her intentionally spreading a deadly disease, as I have no evidence of that or that she is even that type of person. But i do know those type of people exist in the world from plenty of first hand experience.

I just want everyone in the world to be happy and healthy; is that too much to ask?

Also, something something disc golf.

Brodie's wife was Covid positive (not sure if he was too). He had pulled out of the Preserve due to this and now has pulled out of Idlewild as well.
Thanks. brutalbrutus is so deep into the Brodiebubble that he forgets to give context of what the Hell he is talking about here.

I am enjoying the outrage about Brodies wife getting specialty stamped discs through Discraft.

I must have a super-power that relates to tolerance, because since Brodie has arrived on the disc golf scene, none of the grapes I have eaten have been sour.

anyone can order a disc with their own hot stamp.

Is this true? Genuinely curious as I've considered it myself, and occasionally see some out there in the wild that seem to be personal stamps, though they don't seem common at all.

I'm pretty certain I could get them from gateway no questions asked.

I have no experience ordering from Discraft, but I imagine with the trouble that any retailer has getting stock discs in supply, that if some random intermediate level player approached them for a personal stamp, if it's something they *can* do, I can't imagine I'll make it on a priority list.

My recollection from my times ordering from Innova is that they will only do event stamps, for a unique event with specific dates included in the stamps.

Is this true? Genuinely curious as I've considered it myself, and occasionally see some out there in the wild that seem to be personal stamps, though they don't seem common at all.

I have no experience ordering from Discraft, but I imagine with the trouble that any retailer has getting stock discs in supply, that if some random intermediate level player approached them for a personal stamp, if it's something they *can* do, I can't imagine I'll make it on a priority list.

My recollection from my times ordering from Innova is that they will only do event stamps, for a unique event with specific dates included in the stamps.

Innova definitely does non-event custom (had some arrive last week)- needs to be event specific for TFR discs and benefits. Prodigy will do them as well. Discraft and Dynamic both certainly used to do them but I haven't ordered custom from either of them since pre-Covid so can't speak to their current policies.

It is. We gave away 50 user designed, custom stamped Discraft discs, as part of a year long, 4 league, CTP gig. We gave out one CTP tag (a cool numbered, leather clad, metal bottle opener) at one of our league nights every week. I think we had something like 20 winners. We did a drawing at the end of the year party for some really nice stuff. The above was one of the grand prizes. We offered our club artist as help, if requested. This was, of course, pre COVID and COVID of the unvaccinated.