• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Looks like a month lead time currently according to their website. If they are doing what other companies are the disc selection will be pretty limited.
This was posted to SouthEast Michigan Disc Golf recently... (see attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.57.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.57.01 AM.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 179
This is pretty much what we have been told. We ran our first tournament ever last weekend, without a disc in the player pack.

How was that received? Did you guys have something else in the player pack instead? Or just have a larger payout? Or decrease entry fee?

If custom orders are going to be difficult or nonexistent in the foreseeable future I'm curious as to what is being well received and what isn't.

How was that received? Did you guys have something else in the player pack instead? Or just have a larger payout? Or decrease entry fee?

If custom orders are going to be difficult or nonexistent in the foreseeable future I'm curious as to what is being well received and what isn't.

I was at an annual party on the west coast of Michigan. I am not sure how well it was received. We heard no squawking when we announced it....so that is a good sign. I think most players are pretty aware of the difficulties getting plastic.

It was an unsanctioned doubles. We did decrease the entry fee some and did not increase payout. Though it is a pretty good payout event. This was the player pack.

Drawstring bag
Mitten Bag
Bottle Opener
Towels
Neon Glow Tape
Golf Bead Counters
Birthday Cookie

Care Pack
Ivy Wipes
Chapstix
Mosquito Repellant
Advil
Deodorant Wipes

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/13th_Annual_Birthday_Classic_2021

Did the "Janice" Thrasher prompt our newly elected PDGA board member to send this tweet to Discraft? Also, literally in stock on OTB!

Attachments

• A158B648-D79E-4580-9E77-5B953A259478.jpg
    A158B648-D79E-4580-9E77-5B953A259478.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 465D87BB-85F5-4255-B440-730188A6BC18.jpg
    465D87BB-85F5-4255-B440-730188A6BC18.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 151
Mcbeth is easily my favorite player but I can no longer buy anything Discraft after they made 'janice' discs; beyond ridiculous and desperate. Unless of course buying one gets me into a line that allows them to be throw directly at the smith's without any legal ramifications.

Mcbeth is easily my favorite player but I can no longer buy anything Discraft after they made 'janice' discs; beyond ridiculous and desperate. Unless of course buying one gets me into a line that allows them to be throw directly at the smith's without any legal ramifications.

Social justice warriors........yikes.

Well, certainly is crabby. Hopefully gets into that cocoon sooner rather than later and emerges happier.

How is this SJW?

*eyeroll* It's not. It is intentionally withholding something from yourself, to attempt to punish an entity, for perceived social inappropriateness. Of course, as with most "boycotts", the said entity could care less about the money or business of the "boycotter". Ultimately just turning out to be self punishing.

The point being....what do I care what Discraft puts on the front of a disc. My Magnets are chain slamming devices, regardless of whom or what they stamp on them.

Maybe I forgot the sarcasm font?

You don't care what's on your discs but basically every comment that hits this site gets you worked up and you can't resist to spam your opinions on each and every one. Solid logic...

Hopefully they start stamping 'janice' on all magnets next so you can happily pay an extra $5 each if you ever want a new one.

How can a stamp on a disc get you so triggered. This is the dumbest thing I've read here.

You guys bitch and whine about every single thing Brodie and his wife do.

I could easily be mistaken, but I had always thought that Brodie's releases were more along the lines of him putting in custom orders with Discraft and then selling those custom stamps. The first releases were at Foundation, which he has an ownership stake in. I'm not sure what the dynamic is with his site at Discraft, but Paige has a similar one.

People bashing DC for producing these discs and Missy not getting a disc for her DGPT win…I don't think they're the same situation. DC hasn't produced a stamp for any of their players winning a DGPT event, correct?

Discmania and Innova both have, and that could simply be a matter of contract negotiations. It's pretty common knowledge that there are bonus incentives for winning events. Instead of a fixed cash amount per win players could opt for a commemorative disc release instead, which could potentially be the better paying option, but not necessarily a guaranteed cash amount.

It all boils down to none of us know what the players and manufacturers have agreed to. All we can do is guess.

But yeah, lack of supply is annoying. I honestly think none of us really have any idea the scope of how fast things have grown the last two years and how behind the curve the manufacturers really were with being able to scale their production up that much. It's going to take a long time for things to get caught back up.