• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith

In one of his blogs on youtube he actually disses disc golf. I've met him and watched him play ultimate, he is good but somewhat of a whiner and cheater.

It is good for disc golf to get some love though.

No one I know that plays ultimate hates freestylers. I'm sure many of them, like me, would love to learn how to do it. As for the nail delay, it's an illegal move anyway.

Why not? It's a disc skill that could be exploited by those that know how to do it. (same for macking). Then, more people would learn how to do it and we would have more freestylers.

Hope you get into it... we need more jammers.
DSCJNKY

Why not? It's a disc skill that could be exploited by those that know how to do it. (same for macking). Then, more people would learn how to do it and we would have more freestylers.

Hope you get into it... we need more jammers.
DSCJNKY

I don't know, I didn't make the rules. I would assume it's because there is a BIG gray area with it.

I know that a lot of us are all around discers and play ultimate/have played ultimate but why do we have to complain about it on here? We love disc golf. Brodie smith spells his name with an IE at the end. That's all you need to know about him. Move along.

I know that a lot of us are all around discers and play ultimate/have played ultimate but why do we have to complain about it on here? We love disc golf. Brodie smith spells his name with an IE at the end. That's all you need to know about him. Move along.

What crawled up your butt and died? :confused::| Nothing is making you read this thread so why are you getting all frazzled about it?

Because I had heard of him, seen his videos and pretty much got the gist of it. He's a dbag. He throws a frisbee really well. But he's never once talked about disc golf so why give him more publicity on a disc golf forum? I was just trying to poke fun at him in my last post.

I didn't even check out his dg video yet, but I will. I've seen a couple of his trick shot videos on youtube and enjoyed them... much in the same way that I have enjoyed Cubby's videos.

Regardless of multiple attempts at the shots, how easy it is for a good player to roll a disc into a can, etc. it's still fun for me to watch them.

Now, trying to pass these off as "typical" shots of the sport of disc golf would be unacceptable because that's not how it really works and it would belittle our sport.

Too all the people complaining about refs, it isn't just about the spirit of the game. Ultimate play is continuous. It never stops, except for a foul or after a team scores. It would be practically impossible to ref, because it is too fast paced. The honor system works pretty well, because there are enough players on the field (at least enough honest ones) to catch stuff. If there is the occasional idiot who calls everything or nothing, that isn't enough reason to totally change the way the game is played.

I guess we'd be messing up if we didn't get this Brodie Smith Video in the thread:

DSCJNKY

I'm not looking to flame anyone, but are DG'rs really so insecure that we need more videos like this to "build" our sport? Do we need to grow by leaps and bounds to make us feel "legitimate"? IMO disc golf is growing fast enough as it is. I do realize growth means more courses, and i'm all for that, but I think there is a down side to growing too quickly (poorly designed courses comes to mind). The exception may be an area that has NO course nearby. I could see a scenario where there is a high number of courses in a concentrated area and other groups wondering "why do they need so many courses?" and then lobbying for some of that space, i.e. maybe a course being pulled. Steady,smart growth is where it's at.

We all love disc golf, and we know why we love it. We don't need a circus side show to legitimize it for us.

Too all the people complaining about refs, it isn't just about the spirit of the game. Ultimate play is continuous. It never stops, except for a foul or after a team scores. It would be practically impossible to ref, because it is too fast paced. The honor system works pretty well, because there are enough players on the field (at least enough honest ones) to catch stuff. If there is the occasional idiot who calls everything or nothing, that isn't enough reason to totally change the way the game is played.

Ultimate is not that fast paced, you talk about a sport that doesn't stop, look at soccer. That is refereed, and it goes on longer than the average Ultimate game. Ultimate will never be a legitimate sport until OBJECTIVE refs are implemented. Play Ultimate at the college level, players are only concerned about their personal performance (I know, it's a generalization). I once witnessed a joke of an athlete argue that since, "i stopped rotation of the disc", even though he dropped it, that it was a catch. What a joke. Right now, it is completely SUBJECTIVE and it kills the game because way too many Ultimate athletes are whiners and can't accept that there are better players than them. I could go on for days, but I'll stop hijacking this thread.

Ultimate is not that fast paced, you talk about a sport that doesn't stop, look at soccer. That is refereed, and it goes on longer than the average Ultimate game. Ultimate will never be a legitimate sport until OBJECTIVE refs are implemented. Play Ultimate at the college level, players are only concerned about their personal performance (I know, it's a generalization). I once witnessed a joke of an athlete argue that since, "i stopped rotation of the disc", even though he dropped it, that it was a catch. What a joke. Right now, it is completely SUBJECTIVE and it kills the game because way too many Ultimate athletes are whiners and can't accept that there are better players than them. I could go on for days, but I'll stop hijacking this thread.

Disc rotation stops, which counts as possession, and he dropped it, which counts as a throw. People are idiots... :thmbdown::doh::wall:

Amazing, all the hate here for a disc sport that precedes disc golf. Funny, disc golf was created 'cause objects and baskets never complained when you couldn't throw for $4!t to your partner. Instead, nowadays I'm treated to a lot of childish whining from frolf players who can't cope with their inadequacies.

Latest posts