• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

FWIW I can say that my X buzzzes are molded perfectly, and have a very slight dome resembling the shape of a golden brown pancake, which is what I look for.

My lone remaining ESP FLX is perfectly molded and flat.

My McBeth Buzzzes are cleanly molded and have a bit of a chunky shoulder, but no discernable dome.

The biggest offenders were any kind of Z buzzz or bigZ as far as that overhang goes.

Just a question - are folks buying the 5X Buzzzes for the stamp, collectability, possibility of a tweaked flight, or none of the above?

I saw a bunch at GGGT, and decided the 4x ones I own will have to do.

Bought a pair for throwing. Nice looking swirl, and I'm thinking the claw marks will look cool in flight (going to wipe the rest, because I too, think it is a bit busy).

I have noticed this on some buzzzes of late, like the top or bottom mold (can't remember which) has a little overhang on one side causing a bit of a sharp lip. Sucks for the hand feel at the very least.

It would make sense if they have been through a number of Buzzz molds, or that they have a number in rotation. Nothing a little (a lot?) of legal sanding won't fix but... cmon guys, it's a buzzz, keep it consistent.

Besides putters, the Buzzz is the most of one mold I own, and only came across that misalignment on one Z (and have only seen this with one other disc. An Ace Race (D/Soft X?) Roach.)

Bought a pair for throwing. Nice looking swirl, and I'm thinking the claw marks will look cool in flight (going to wipe the rest, because I too, think it is a bit busy).

I might end up doing the same. Just received mine today and they look nice but there is a lot going on. I really hope they update the stamp on the signature discs and just leave off the claws.

^^^ I think we're on the same page... I'm saying I'm keeping just the claw marks. Too many other lines around the circle stamp.

I probably have 50 or 60 Buzzzes. Never noticed any misalignment. Most of mine would be older, I suspect.

Got my 5x Buzzzes in the mail yesterday and they are immaculate. (The 5x Ti Undertaker had some flashing though...that's a first for me with that mold.)

X buzzz vs esp buzzz ss. I've been throwing a buzzz ss for quite some time for my straight to understable mid. Trying to cut down on molds. From what I remember throwing the x buzzzs that they were way too flippy for my liking. Are x buzzzs a good replacements for buzzz ss or should I just keep what I have?

X buzzz vs esp buzzz ss. I've been throwing a buzzz ss for quite some time for my straight to understable mid. Trying to cut down on molds. From what I remember throwing the x buzzzs that they were way too flippy for my liking. Are x buzzzs a good replacements for buzzz ss or should I just keep what I have?

if it aint broke dont fix it

both work and are interchangable

the x really never gets to a hella flippy stage you might have gotten a dud

all x ive beat get to a solid hyzerflip and ride it

all pro d ive beat are the flip machines

buzz ss are like a seasoned x

you got any newish run pro d buzz

I don't think they've changed the stamp in a while (I think small circle stamps for D was introduced back in 2016?)...would be hard to tell if you got a current run or old stock. That said, only D I buy is the Buzzz OS.

So I've thrown mostly Innova discs since I started playing but I threw a new Pro D Buzzz for the first yesterday and I love it. I know nothing about Discraft plastics. What plastic should I get a Buzzz in if I want if I want one that flies like a fresh new Pro D Buzzz and will stay that way for a while? Feels like Pro D plastic is basically DX and will beat in quick. We have lots of wooded holes around here.

So I've thrown mostly Innova discs since I started playing but I threw a new Pro D Buzzz for the first yesterday and I love it. I know nothing about Discraft plastics. What plastic should I get a Buzzz in if I want if I want one that flies like a fresh new Pro D Buzzz and will stay that way for a while? Feels like Pro D plastic is basically DX and will beat in quick. We have lots of wooded holes around here.

The plastics choices for the Buzzzz is HUGE. . and i think Pro-D is the worst by far

Stock Z ( like innova Champion ) is a good choice or if you want something softer take a ZFLX.

The new ESP ( like Innova Star ) is nice but the newer runs ( McBeth runs ) are a hair more Stable than Z/ZFLX
Ti is very durable but also on the more stable side for a Buzzz

But a stock Z is a good choice and super easy to find.

Which Buzzz plastic/run do you like the best, question to all Buzzz lovers :)

To me.

2017 Ledgestone Sparkle CryZtal Buzzz. . .best "OS" run of the Buzzz, fells and flies great ( i have hight hopes for the 2020 Cryztal Sparkle Buzzz )

ESP Flx Buzzz. . perfect straight flight with a nice soft feel

2019 ledgestone z glo buzzz . . .very nice feeling plastic, and a perfect slightly stable flight...my "go to Buzzz"

Probably X is worth a shot. I personally bag Z and Big Z, with a few other premium plastics around, but they are quite a bit more overstable. Keep that D and see if an X will work well as a replacement as the D beats in.

My three Z-Flx are just straight. . .and Z-Flx is an awesome "hit trees" disc ;) . . it´s indestructible and "dies" when it hits a tree
I think X beats in to fast. .but have a nice feel

Jawbreaker (or rubber blend) buzzz is a great neutral to understable option. Harder to find, but the perfect Z/TI Buzzz complement. JB buzzes fly pretty close to my well seasoned ESP FLX out of the box - hyzerflip machines

if money isnt a problem for you i would also buy a x and a z

d will beat in pretty fast but i bag one and its great for us or hyzerflip or turn overs

x seasons well but doesnt ever get to the flippy point that the d does

z will hold its spot for a very long time

Latest posts