• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can Mcbeth win 8 straight Wintertime Open's?

In a one round tourney, some course local might have the best round of his life. Keep adding rounds, and his rating will show up eventually....

why though?
Statistics. The more rounds you play the closer the average of your round scores (and ratings) will converge on your current average skill level. That's why lower rated Ams will risk playing Open in leagues because they have a shot to throw one exceptional round and cash.

GG isn't 1000 rated anymore because he's been playing fewer and much smaller events where he was for the most part the only player above the 980s since he left the tour. I think he'll break the 1000 mark again within 2 rating updates now that he's playing with much higher rated players, which makes it easier to get higher rated rounds if he's up there playing well.

This, and when you're not playing/practicing all the time, even if you can throw a mile like GG still can, it's the short game/approaches/putts and touch shots that will be rusty and cost you. I see this in billiards too, you lose your fine touch just a hair when you're not practicing at least somewhat regularly, even if your overall skill and power is still there, and you'll miss 1 or 2 shots a game you would otherwise normally make, and that will cost you against otherwise equally or less skilled players.

That kind of stuff can cost you 3 to 4 strokes a round.

My money's on McBeth, but if anyone can take him it's gotta be Jones. This course is technical, but there are a number of holes where a big arm can get you a stroke every round.

In fun news they changed the format to 3 days, 1 round per day. That'll enable us to do next day vids all weekend. So check CCDG on the 17th for the first next day vids of the year :)

I think this is the first time McBeth has not had the lead in the wintertime open in about 3 or 4 years... gonna have to come from behind to keep his streak going.

Is there any footage of this going on? Facebook live or Instgram or something? Would love to see some Eagle McBeth dual going on. Kinda sucks to see Kevin Jones struggle out the gates. I'm really rooting for that dude today.

My money's on McBeth, but if anyone can take him it's gotta be Jones. This course is technical, but there are a number of holes where a big arm can get you a stroke every round.

In fun news they changed the format to 3 days, 1 round per day. That'll enable us to do next day vids all weekend. So check CCDG on the 17th for the first next day vids of the year :)

Mr. Anderson....its the 17th!! Been anxiously checking your channel hourly waiting for footage. Just wondering where its at?

PS...was super excited to break out a "Mr. Anderson" Matrix reference lol

Latest posts