• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Can the Gazelle knock out a Leopard?

wholegrain

So, I carry a beat up star Leopard for anhyzers and tunnel hyzer flips and a Champ Leopard for long straight shots and stuff like that.

I've really liked the DX Gazelle when I've thrown it for tunnel hyzer flip fly flat shots. Problem is, DX is about worthless after a few rounds for consistency. I was wondering if anyone could give me a review comparison on the CFR GLow Gazelles compared to the DX. As in depth as possible. I'm a lefty backhand thrower.

Do you think I could switch out my Leopards for CFR Gazelles for that just a bit more than midrange distance? Could they do the same things? I may keep the beat up one in the bag for rollers and huge annys but just would like some help on this.

Thanks everyone.

CFR gazelles are fairly overstable I believe. It would not replace a leopard.

But, if I were you, I would stick with DX gazelles. You are giving DX a bad name. It doesn't become inconsistent, it just changes. They start out stable, and will beat into your leopard spot.

CFR gazelles will not replace a leopard. Maybe if it gets beat to hell it will be a consistant anny shot, but my 175 is beefy.

I use DX Gazelles for the exact shots you throw your Leopards for. Once they beat-in they will hold their flight for quite awhile before getting TOO flippy. You'd be suprised how long the DX gazelles stay in that "sweet" zone.

I carry a well seasoned DX, a "newish" DX, and a CFR Glow at all times. They are my go-to fairway driver and feel like I can execute any shot between the 3 of them.

CFR gazelles are fairly overstable I believe. It would not replace a leopard.

But, if I were you, I would stick with DX gazelles. You are giving DX a bad name. It doesn't become inconsistent, it just changes. They start out stable, and will beat into your leopard spot.

Preach the word!! I have a DX Teebird & Viking that I've been using for a couple months. Are they still as stable as they were new? No. Have they lost all stability & turned into rollers? No. Unless your courses are HEAVILY wooded or nothing but rocks, I think DX holds up much better than most people give it credit for. But that's just my opinion, barely worth the $.02!

gazelles are tricky when traveling in a herd, better hope the leopard expends all its energy at once. However i suppose the leopard could lose focus on the hunt and get kicked hard in the dome, thus the gazelle could possibly knock out the leopard.

*unless you guys are talkin plastic, which i have no clue, i dont throw any of that nonsense

The Gazelle doesn't have any distance advantage over the Leopard anyway so the question is kind of pointless. You could perhaps beat the **** out of a CFR Gazelle and force it to work, though it may always want to fade more during the slowest portion of the flight, but that would be silly when a new Pro Leopard or a lightly beat Star/Champ will do the job.

As a Gazelle fan, I must say that the newer DX are not as stable as they used to be. They seem to wear faster and lose the sweet spot quicker. In my case, that holds true for DX Leopards and XDs too. I do not know about DX teebirds; I use a star instead. Gaz handles the wind waay better than a Leo so I could see why one would carry both.

Last edited:
I throw Teebirds (my favorite) ALL THE TIME too. But they almost always come back. I wonder if it's worth having 4 models of fairway driver since I use the Predator for a fairway overstable shot. My DX Gazelle was flat to flippy from the beginning. But maaaan, I love that glide. I just feel like I want to fit it in my arsenal but don't know if it's worth it. Do the CFRs fly more like Teebirds or Leopards?

Last edited:
Gazelles rock! I keep a light (mid 150's) Star Leopard for the same type shot that the OP described. I wouldn't swap a gazelle for it at all. Can't say that I have much experience with the DX Gazelle other than I liked it, but realized that I liked what it did new enough to get some GloChamps. They're beefy (175g) and are amazing. It's a totally different shot than what I'd use my leopard on.

Cfr gazelles fly like the good old dx gazs do .only they last longer. My go to glo gaz is gettin beat in and its in that money stage. Cant wait for some star or reg champ ones

I have 4 glows. They start out beefy, but break in fairly quickly. I can do just about anything with my 173g glow. Anny, hyzer and laser straight. I'm wondering why I carry a teebird right now.

That video shows a Cheetah:

n0039a.jpg

This is a leopard:

730216av.jpg

Latest posts