• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cars and OB Rules??

4th Rock

Eagle Member
This happened to me and a buddy of mine playing yesterday. I threw my drive on long 18, and then my partner stepped up to do the same. He griplocks a Pro Wraith which goes over the road, hits it, and while the disc was still in motion, a F150 comes along and hit the disc. The disc hits the air dam, bounces off the frame and is run over by a tire, which ultimately flings the disc back on to the grass. :hfive:

My question is, is it a 'fair disc' or does it bouncing off the truck make it OB somehow? This may be a stupid question, bu I'm asking out of dumb curiosity, we've never had a car obviously alter where a disc lands, or actively turning what would've been an OB shot into a non OB shot.

This happened to me and a buddy of mine playing yesterday. I threw my drive on long 18, and then my partner stepped up to do the same. He griplocks a Pro Wraith which goes over the road, hits it, and while the disc was still in motion, a F150 comes along and hit the disc. The disc hits the air dam, bounces off the frame and is run over by a tire, which ultimately flings the disc back on to the grass. :hfive:

My question is, is it a 'fair disc' or does it bouncing off the truck make it OB somehow? This may be a stupid question, bu I'm asking out of dumb curiosity, we've never had a car obviously alter where a disc lands, or actively turning what would've been an OB shot into a non OB shot.

In bounds.

The only thing that matters is where the disc ends up and comes to rest. If it comes to rest in bounds, it's in bounds. Think of it this way...if you threw a shot that went into an OB area and hit a tree that caromed the disc back in bounds, would you question it? The truck in this case is no different than that tree. Your partner got a lucky break.

In bounds.

The only thing that matters is where the disc ends up and comes to rest. If it comes to rest in bounds, it's in bounds. Think of it this way...if you threw a shot that went into an OB area and hit a tree that caromed the disc back in bounds, would you question it? The truck in this case is no different than that tree. Your partner got a lucky break.

I assumed that was the case, but I wasn't sure if there was some obscure rule or not about F15os and disc impact lol.

EDIT: Now if the disc had come to rest and the truck came later an did its magic, that would be OB, right?

Last edited:
OB, or not, it was a bad shot. :|

Its in but it he ran over it after it came to rest then he is OB. If a dog came by and picked it up and moved it then you put it back to as close as its original position