• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Hey Ian, re your commentary of the 2015 BSF (or maybe 2014 Worlds): have you found out why the hole at Milo is called the "Genius Hole?"

The teepad was lower down. Dustin Milbrodt went up top and found that spot. People said it was genius! That's the story I have always heard.

Is there anymore footage from the basket and barrels open, specifically Castoro Crllars Whale Rock?

I just saw a sample vid on YouTube, 5 min or so. But, its from months ago.

Hey Ian, re your commentary of the 2015 BSF (or maybe 2014 Worlds): have you found out why the hole at Milo is called the "Genius Hole?"

The teepad was lower down. Dustin Milbrodt went up top and found that spot. People said it was genius! That's the story I have always heard.

That's the same story I've heard.

Is there anymore footage from the basket and barrels open, specifically Castoro Crllars Whale Rock?

I just saw a sample vid on YouTube, 5 min or so. But, its from months ago.

There will be, but not for a while. It's in the queue behind a lot of other tourneys:

Sharktooth Open (edited, just need commentary on the last of 5 vids) (first vid is out today, 3 more will follow the rest of the week, final 9 on monday)
SF Safari (mostly edited, doing commentary on round 2 tonight, round 3 mostly edited) (didn't film round 1)
Coyote Classic (being edited)
SW Team Challenge (being edited)
BSF Round 1 with McBeth and McBride (being edited)
Worlds rounds (round 1 fpo, round 2 or 3 chase card)
Then Baskets and Barrels.

Alex is also editing ORDGC and Farragut Open

Ben is editing something too, something from the San Jose course I think.

Derek is working on the AMA with Dave Dunnipace (40 minutes!) That should be out soon.

He's also going to film Wintertime Open Saturday and Sunday. I'll join him Sunday.

We also got interviewed if you'd like to read more on CCDG
http://countrydiscgolf.com/2016/01/25/5-qs-with-central-coast-disc-golf/

3 more Sharktooth vids are up. Final 9 on Monday. Then round 2 of the SF Safari (didn't film round 1), Tuesday - Thursday.

Round 3 the next week (possibly starting next week Friday). Then Coyote or SW team challenge should be ready to go!

So many vids!

Just finished the countrydiscgolf interview. Good stuff. It was nice to get a little insider info.

And where is Stu from?

Plus it was cool that you were so impressed with Worlds, Pittsburgh, and Moraine.

Just finished the countrydiscgolf interview. Good stuff. It was nice to get a little insider info.

And where is Stu from?

Plus it was cool that you were so impressed with Worlds, Pittsburgh, and Moraine.

Thanks for checking that out!

Stu lives in McKinney Texas, he grew up in Ohio somewhere.

Those courses were great! I don't know if I mentioned it in the blog, but I Pittsburgh really reminded me of Portland (where I grew up). Hilly, green, with a river running through downtown.

3 more Sharktooth vids are up. Final 9 on Monday. Then round 2 of the SF Safari (didn't film round 1), Tuesday - Thursday.

Round 3 the next week (possibly starting next week Friday). Then Coyote or SW team challenge should be ready to go!

So many vids!

Philo breaks out the "Iron leaf" on 16, among some other colorful comments. :p

Great job with the commentary again Ian, thx again for uploading those.

Philo breaks out the "Iron leaf" on 16, among some other colorful comments. :p

Great job with the commentary again Ian, thx again for uploading those.

Thanks and you bet! I had a great time with Mike, and the final 9 went really well.

I think you guys will like the SF Safari commentary too, had a great time with Cory on those.

Thanks and you bet! I had a great time with Mike, and the final 9 went really well.

I think you guys will like the SF Safari commentary too, had a great time with Cory on those.

Awesome, looking forward to that and the Dave D. AMA as well.

Do you have any plans to do a vid with Simon as your co-commentator?

Thanks for checking that out!

Stu lives in McKinney Texas, he grew up in Ohio somewhere.

Those courses were great! I don't know if I mentioned it in the blog, but I Pittsburgh really reminded me of Portland (where I grew up). Hilly, green, with a river running through downtown.

No problem. It should be required reading for any CCDG fan. :thmbup:

Didn't realize that Stu wasn't local to you. Guess that's why his name doesn't come up as often.

I don't think that you mentioned the similarities in the blog, but that makes sense. After watching a lot of your videos, you do have to deal with a lot of tan/brown. The hard pack on some of those CA courses, for example, seems very strange to me, living in WV essentially my entire life.

Plus, in Pittsburgh the people that you meet in the parking lot are pretty nice, too. :D

Last edited:
No problem. It should be required reading for any CCDG fan. :thmbup:

Didn't realize that Stu wasn't local to you. Guess that's why his name doesn't come up as often.

I don't think that you mentioned the similarities in the blog, but that makes sense. After watching a lot of your videos, you do have to deal with a lot of tan/brown. The hard pack on some of those CA courses, for example, seems very strange to me, living in WV essentially my entire life.

Plus, in Pittsburgh the people that you meet in the parking lot are pretty nice, too. :D

Yup, he reached out to me a while ago, and been working with him when I can. Great guy!

Yeah the hard pack/pan is an interesting surface to play on. Makes for some fun skip shots!

Haha that I did! I haven't forgotten about getting you that vid, I just keep forgetting when I'm in front of my computer. :doh:

Yup, he reached out to me a while ago, and been working with him when I can. Great guy!

Yeah the hard pack/pan is an interesting surface to play on. Makes for some fun skip shots!

Haha that I did! I haven't forgotten about getting you that vid, I just keep forgetting when I'm in front of my computer. :doh:

Don't sweat that at all. You have plenty going on and we can still check it out on YT anyway. As long as its still on your radar for sometime, I'm happy. :thmbup:

Nice. Love the option to pick commentary. Doubling my views.

BTW having Paul Ulibarri on our podcast tomorrow. Any questions for him or us?
Step putt controversy?

Totally understandable if you don't even feel like bringing up that kind of subject with him but it is certainly a topic that seems to crop up every time his card is being covered.

Step putt controversy?

Totally understandable if you don't even feel like bringing up that kind of subject with him but it is certainly a topic that seems to crop up every time his card is being covered.

O we're talking about it for sure. He even brought it up as a topic to discuss when we were setting it up.