• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

BTW having Paul Ulibarri on our podcast tomorrow. Any questions for him or us?

At the Maricopa Open, he and Cat played on the same card, was it at all strange in any way? I mean, they've probably played together a ton, but in the same tournament and same division. What if one of them is doing well but the other is struggling, anything special to try and boost morale? Also, what if Cat had scored same as Paul (or better, she had that one big score on the island, barring that she would've been right up there or close), I'm assuming they are both competitive people who don't like losing, would there have been any bantering later that evening :D ?

Last edited:
did you edit out peter dropping the enemy release??? i played it back a few times and couldn't make out when he said it was being rolled out.

Ian, any chance of an ITB from you, Derek and rest of the CCDG crew?

I can just list it out if you want? Might do a video one one of these days, but so damn busy!

I throw:

3 Star Destroyers (1 new, 2 old)
1 Fuzion Enforcer (flies like a pop top SDS)
C-Line PD
Champ Thunderbird
2 Champ Teebirds (1 old, 1 new and pretty OS)
1 fuzion Witness (rollers)
1 Champ Valk (super old)
1 Champ Eagle
1 FAF champ firebird
ESP FLX Drone
ESP Comet
Z Buzzz
2 Ions for putting
2 - sline P2s

I usually have a sidewinder in the bag too.

All carried in my Octothorpe which I LOVE!

I think he's referring to the Sexton Brothers Vs The Uli Brothers. Paul's older brother Pete is a very talented golfer as well.

and the dads too, i think.

Yep, Nate & Colin, Paul & Pete, both fathers play, and Nate's mother (step mom?) won Senior Grandmasters at the 2014 Pro Worlds ... so, with Cat Uli, both families have women who are world champs. Seems like a good promotion for the family aspect of our sport.

That would take some serious coordinating. But would be very interesting and fun to watch. May be a one of a kind, type a card.

I'd be very interested if the stars aligned. Good idea Teemkey.

I can just list it out if you want? Might do a video one one of these days, but so damn busy!

I throw:

Are most (all?) of those of the type that you could hit a store the next day and get a reasonable replacement, barring really broken in ones of course?

Also, on a sidenote, call my Dumb-Dam or something, but where can one listen to the CCDG podcasts?

I throw:

3 Star Destroyers (1 new, 2 old)
1 Fuzion Enforcer (flies like a pop top SDS)
C-Line PD
Champ Thunderbird
2 Champ Teebirds (1 old, 1 new and pretty OS)
1 fuzion Witness (rollers)
1 Champ Valk (super old)
1 Champ Eagle
1 FAF champ firebird
ESP FLX Drone
ESP Comet
Z Buzzz
2 Ions for putting
2 - sline P2s

I usually have a sidewinder in the bag too.

All carried in my Octothorpe which I LOVE!

Ian, your Octo is the nicest looking bag ever made in the history of the world, the colors are awesome. It really should be a stock color combo, I bet it would be their most popular seller. I bet Paul even drools aver it! ;)

Are most (all?) of those of the type that you could hit a store the next day and get a reasonable replacement, barring really broken in ones of course?

Also, on a sidenote, call my Dumb-Dam or something, but where can one listen to the CCDG podcasts?

I think the Eagle, and the Valk might be hard to replace, but the rest should be easy. One of my Star Destroyers is pre-flight numbers so that one would be expensive.

Some of the podcasts are on soundcloud "DGWeekly", and the ones that aren't there can be found on a youtube channel with the same name.

We're going to start a new youtube channel just for the podcast. I'll post a link when that's ready.

Ian, your Octo is the nicest looking bag ever made in the history of the world, the colors are awesome. It really should be a stock color combo, I bet it would be their most popular seller. I bet Paul even drools aver it! ;)

Thanks man! I'm in love with that bag, glad you like the colors! I think it's actually the plan for it to be a stock color this year :) The CCDG special or whatever.

I bet you're right about Paul! He's a Broncos fan, and those are the colors :)

BTW SF Safari round 2 is all up now. I finished up editing round 3 last night. Doing commentary with TD Sean Jack tonight, and Dustin Keegan tomorrow. Those will start to come out Monday.

Ben also sent me a tourney from San Jose. Plan is to do commentary on that tonight too. Wednesday release for these.

Get ready for the 3rd week in a row of a video almost every day. :thmbup:

I had seen these around before they sponsored CCDG (couldn't figure out the name) and then bought one after I saw them here. It's a truly great bag.

Even more importantly, the shipping company used messed up the order, after a quick question and a photo, Levi, the owner, went way out of his way to get me my bag. Really cool and helpful guy.

I had seen these around before they sponsored CCDG (couldn't figure out the name) and then bought one after I saw them here. It's a truly great bag.

Even more importantly, the shipping company used messed up the order, after a quick question and a photo, Levi, the owner, went way out of his way to get me my bag. Really cool and helpful guy.

Yes, but Ian's is a custom color combo that he specifically requested, that's what I was referring to. Joe public couldn't get that bag, but it sounds like that's going to change thanks, in part, to Ian.

Nice you had good customer service from them, have heard nothing but great reviews of the bag and the owner.

Great job by the CCDG team posting all the vids, I'm hoping that watching all these videos of pros form will translate into subliminal muscle memory in the spring! (Ok maybe not, but it can't hurt).

Dude, you are making winter bearable with all of your awesome videos. Thank you!

You bet! The CCDG editing team has been doing WORK!

Yes, but Ian's is a custom color combo that he specifically requested, that's what I was referring to. Joe public couldn't get that bag, but it sounds like that's going to change thanks, in part, to Ian.

Nice you had good customer service from them, have heard nothing but great reviews of the bag and the owner.

Great job by the CCDG team posting all the vids, I'm hoping that watching all these videos of pros form will translate into subliminal muscle memory in the spring! (Ok maybe not, but it can't hurt).

Levi is a top notch guy!

haha I wish watching good people made you better, as you can see from champ vs chumps that's not the case lol.

And you bet! Lots more coming!

Levi is great, and so is that bag!

Ian, in terms of disc golf skill, how would you rate the Big Three (yourself, Derek and Alex, ye Chumps that lost to McBeth :p ) from best to worst in:

1) consistency

2) potential for a blazing hot round

Latest posts