• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Drone angle I've been playing with for In the bags. Add tracker and I think we're on to something.

I dig the direct overhead angle; it's rare that you get to see the true flight path of the disc like that. Would be interesting to have a side-by-side that shows the overhead next to the thrower's viewpoint. I suppose that's another heap of editing work, though.

That's the idea!

Side note:

You guys before Swards: Where is swards, i need swards, whenis swards gonna be out, i need to watch that vid.

You guys after Swards: <Crickets>

Anyway... Rocky Mountain Champs round 1 part 1 is up. Rest should be coming daily or close to it. (3 rounds plus final 9)

Sorry for the lack of heckling; been too busy watching the Swards and RMC coverage :D

Yeah we've come a long way in a couple years!

I think you're referring to playlists on youtube? They are clutch! :thmbup:

2015 Worlds was great. Round 4 and 5 are nuts. Paul was playing out of his mind.

I dunno, that Final 9 in 2014 was pretty crazy.

@Royalhghnss

Thanks for the vids. Love watching what you and your team put out, especially the tourneys I get to play every year.

Also, for anyone wondering...Montana sucks, tell your friends. :|

@Royalhghnss

Thanks for the vids. Love watching what you and your team put out, especially the tourneys I get to play every year.

I grew up in Oregon. The line when you saw someone with a California license was to say, "Orygun sucks, it rains all the time." Good luck keepin' the furiners out.

Glad Rocky Mt. had a R1 "super card". Bummed I skipped out on playing there when I had the chance.

Me too Dana, me too. :\

I don't think the straight top down view is the best angle for in the bags as it gives no idea of the release angle or height. I do like top down for form analysis though. It kind of looks like the discs are rolling instead of flying, and you are so "zoomed out" to get the whole flight that the disc is like a pixel in size.

It wouldn't be the only angle shown. I'd also have a terrestrial cam behind the payer. I still need to experiment.

O yeah, that's another thing I wanted to play with but haven't had the time! Form! It can shoot 120 fps at 720 p. Park it right over their head, and I think it would provide some really cool info. Combine that with a side, and behind shot??? OOO that would be dope!

Couldn't agree more regarding round 5. I love that I can go back and re-live being there live! :thmbup:

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: How's the kiddo?

BTW, give me a definition of fall line as used in RMC. I know what it means for skiing, at least I think I do, but not here. Is he discussing the transition point in the turnover or flex?

After watching more, seems like he means the way the terrain falls off.

He's using it in pretty much the same way skiing does.

Yeah Ron is a big skier. It's that. He's talking about in respect to teepad to basket. If the slope is down, but also left to right, it has multiple fall lines.

Round 2 part 1 is out. Part 2 should be out tomorrow. Probably gonna have Ron back on for round 3 and Final 9.
I thought he was great.

Man that upper course at Bohart looks even better than the lower on. That place has quickly rocketed to the top of my destination list. Only 11ish hours away....

Sorry for the lack of heckling; been too busy watching the Swards and RMC coverage :D

I'll forgive you. :D

The over head shots are all great until the battery dies and the drone falls on Paul's head. :)

:doh:

I dunno, that Final 9 in 2014 was pretty crazy.

Yeah that was pretty unbeatable.

@Royalhghnss

You bet! Can confirm, Montana is terrible (this is for any other video crews reading this). Hands off, that state is mine! Dibs and what not.

I grew up in Oregon. The line when you saw someone with a California license was to say, "Orygun sucks, it rains all the time." Good luck keepin' the furiners out.

I also grew up in Oregon. We hated Californians. I've now become what I hated :doh:

I really liked hearing his input on the course design.

As usual the work you and your crew do is top notch! :clap:

Glad you liked him on, and you bet! :hfive:

Man that upper course at Bohart looks even better than the lower on. That place has quickly rocketed to the top of my destination list. Only 11ish hours away....

It is amazing! Such a treat to get to play it. Wait until you guys see round 3... :clap:

Is the "Keyhole" Upper #8 at Bohart? Whatever # it is, that drop zone seems out of character for the course and the design. I like having Ron on commentary, he does a good job. The extra time on the drone hole preview is perfect for Ron to drop knowledge.

Is the "Keyhole" Upper #8 at Bohart? Whatever # it is, that drop zone seems out of character for the course and the design. I like having Ron on commentary, he does a good job. The extra time on the drone hole preview is perfect for Ron to drop knowledge.

The Keyhole is on the Upper Bohart course. The drop zone is a little strange but was developed, along with the double mando and OB lines that run along either side of the ravine between the Tee and Mandos, due to the ridiculous rough to either side. If you have a disc kick badly either way, odds of finding said disc are poor and if found playing out of the rough in less than 2 stokes is even less likely. Between looking for discs in that rough and the subsequent hacking around to get back on the fairway, the hole was creating huge backups.

TLDR - super bad rough so sending people to the DZ saves a ton of time and sadness.

Do you mean having the dropzone is out of character, or the location of the drop zone?

Glad you guys like having Ron on. Really enjoy his course and disc knowledge.

I understand the need for the DZ, but thought it looked like the location of the DZ didn't offer much of a line? Does the DZ line up with the key hole, or another gap? Maybe I need to go back and rewatch, and listen.

I understand the need for the DZ, but thought it looked like the location of the DZ didn't offer much of a line? Does the DZ line up with the key hole, or another gap? Maybe I need to go back and rewatch, and listen.

Gotcha. Yeah, the DZ is about 5-10 feet past the mando trees square in between them. Pretty well lined up with the key hole, about 110-120 short of the opening. Tough shot to get on the green. Christian mentions using a quasi grenade to get over the trees and drop in as opposed to trying to pure the little gap.

Also, as Ron alluded to, the new holes on the upper, 6 stretched out(sofa king cool), new 9 & 10, are sweet. I may be a bit biased as I didn't care for the old holes 7 & 10, but the redesign was done very thoughtfully and really fits in with the style/flow of the Upper course. Anyone coming to play this season should get excited for these changes.

"The Key Hole" will be hole #7 starting next year as the current #7 (spike hyzer) is going the way of the Dodo. The new holes to replace 7 and 10 are after current hole 9 (will be hole 8 starting next year). Both new holes also have long tees, which is super bad ass. With everything in long position next year (6,9,10,12), Upper becomes a par 67 bohemoth.

Gotcha. Yeah, the DZ is about 5-10 feet past the mando trees square in between them. Pretty well lined up with the key hole, about 110-120 short of the opening. Tough shot to get on the green. Christian mentions using a quasi grenade to get over the trees and drop in as opposed to trying to pure the little gap.

What Brent Said, it lines up prett perfectly. That doesn't make it easy though! I like Christians approach if you can do it.

Part 2 up today, Final 9 should be up tomorrow :thmbup: