• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Thanks for the rocky mtn vid. Bohart ranch is just down the road from my bro and brings back such fond memories of that place.

You guys before Swards: Where is swards, i need swards, whenis swards gonna be out, i need to watch that vid.

You guys after Swards: <Crickets>

Anyway... Rocky Mountain Champs round 1 part 1 is up. Rest should be coming daily or close to it. (3 rounds plus final 9)

I didn't know Swards was coming. But it's a crazy course and I'd love to play there (preferably when there's no wind...)

But I'm definitely more stoked about the Rocky Mountain Championships. Nice looking course and some seriously talented throwers. P-Mac, Joe, and Christian are really stinkin' good.

Swards is unreal. I can't imagine how cool it is to play a round there. Like you said in the commentary, the distance and elevation are so deceiving.

We're watching, Ian. Don't worry! :thmbup:

When people debate course structure, putting greens, and making a course challenging without rope, they need to be sent to RMC. The greens on the short holes on this course are often brutal. Very nice.

Side note:

You guys before Swards: Where is swards, i need swards, whenis swards gonna be out, i need to watch that vid.

You guys after Swards: <Crickets>

Anyway... Rocky Mountain Champs round 1 part 1 is up. Rest should be coming daily or close to it. (3 rounds plus final 9)

Sorry been re-watching the CCDG 2014 Worlds coverage again the past couple of weeks. It is amazing how much things have grown over a couple of years. Your folder organization on Youtube is money.

I will catch back up on the new stuff and then watch 2015 Worlds.

When people debate course structure, putting greens, and making a course challenging without rope, they need to be sent to RMC. The greens on the short holes on this course are often brutal. Very nice.

The courses at Bohart during RMC do have manufactured OB. Not on every hole or most holes, but certainly more than what is necessary in my opinion. Though I take into account that there may be some property boundary lines they are working with. See my review:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4366&page=1&mode=rev#68908

With the exception of a couple of holes, I think the greens are very fair. Though some are not easy, I think they are far from brutal. It is tough to get on the green for some holes, but I wouldn't call the greens themselves brutal.

You are right, though. There are some wonderful examples of good fairway structure at Bohart. Many great fairways there do not have manufactured OB and some of the great fairways there that have OB really don't need the manufactured OB.

Sorry been re-watching the CCDG 2014 Worlds coverage again the past couple of weeks. It is amazing how much things have grown over a couple of years. Your folder organization on Youtube is money.

I will catch back up on the new stuff and then watch 2015 Worlds.

Yeah we've come a long way in a couple years!

I think you're referring to playlists on youtube? They are clutch! :thmbup:

2015 Worlds was great. Round 4 and 5 are nuts. Paul was playing out of his mind.

The courses at Bohart during RMC do have manufactured OB. Not on every hole or most holes, but certainly more than what is necessary in my opinion. Though I take into account that there may be some property boundary lines they are working with. See my review:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4366&page=1&mode=rev#68908

With the exception of a couple of holes, I think the greens are very fair. Though some are not easy, I think they are far from brutal. It is tough to get on the green for some holes, but I wouldn't call the greens themselves brutal.

You are right, though. There are some wonderful examples of good fairway structure at Bohart. Many great fairways there do not have manufactured OB and some of the great fairways there that have OB really don't need the manufactured OB.

I didn't mean brutal to be a perjorative. The tough greens require a thinking approach, and if you blow it, the results are harsh, relative to the, "I can run at this and no matter how far I'm off, I will make the come back," type holes. I like that.

The OB there doesn't define the course, by what I could see. IMO, this is the type of course you should aim for in high level play.

Glad Rocky Mt. had a R1 "super card". Bummed I skipped out on playing there when I had the chance.

Drone angle I've been playing with for In the bags. Add tracker and I think we're on to something.

I don't think the straight top down view is the best angle for in the bags as it gives no idea of the release angle or height. I do like top down for form analysis though. It kind of looks like the discs are rolling instead of flying, and you are so "zoomed out" to get the whole flight that the disc is like a pixel in size.

Yeah we've come a long way in a couple years!

I think you're referring to playlists on youtube? They are clutch! :thmbup:

2015 Worlds was great. Round 4 and 5 are nuts. Paul was playing out of his mind.

Couldn't agree more regarding round 5. I love that I can go back and re-live being there live! :thmbup:

BTW, give me a definition of fall line as used in RMC. I know what it means for skiing, at least I think I do, but not here. Is he discussing the transition point in the turnover or flex?

I didn't mean brutal to be a perjorative. The tough greens require a thinking approach, and if you blow it, the results are harsh, relative to the, "I can run at this and no matter how far I'm off, I will make the come back," type holes. I like that.

I'm still not seeing it. I'm thinking through the holes. If being really stupid on the greens equals punishment then I think you are setting the bar pretty low for what is tough and brutal. The greens aren't necessarily easy, but they are very fair and far from tough. Very fair does not equal brutal in my opinion.