• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Ian, I appreciate that you check in here and actually read feedback. Here's mine if you care:

You and Corey were a good team. But adding at least one of the pros makes it FAR more enjoyable for me. Jomez has been my preference in the past mostly because of their more regular use of pros for commentary. Eagle was awesome on these vids(and the two of you worked very well together). I'd love to hear more from him in the future.

My only real gripe in the past has been over-use of "catchy" words/phrases- the only example springing to mind right now is "accurate". I didn't notice any of that this tournament and I appreciated that. I know it's nit-picky, but there it is if you care to hear/read it.

Of course! Feedback is crazy important, and has shaped how CCDG has evolved over the years. So thank you for sharing yours.

Totally agree on the having a pro on for commentary thing. You will see way more of that (almost exclusively) going forward. I've got Barsby for LVC, Seppo for Daniel Boe, Sexton for Canadian Nationals, and I'll figure out the rest as we go on. After Eagled killed it at WTO I would love to have him on as much as possible.

I watched Cory's interview with Eric. I liked it. I've often thought that live commentary could insert interviews, pro comments on holes and discs etc. as filler. I also know that would be too expensive, but that interview was what I was thinking. Hope he is able to continue those.

On a more important note, seeing him next to Eric and Conrad gave me hope that I'm not the shortest disc golfer out there.

Wanna know a secret? Both guys are Tyler. Dude's amazing.
That's unbelievable. I keep thinking of stuff he said and laughing at work.

Are we supposed to be talking here?
Sorry, I was checking my phone.

300 feet is max distance for the pros.

Touchdown!

Mando is short for "Man, don't."

And the stuff about Paul at the end is hysterical. I need to watch it again.

TBH, the comedy videos just dont do it for me. Cant quite put my finger on what it is, but I guess, they are just not funny enough for me. Didnt really dig too deep though since I bailed out during the first few minutes for both, felt like I was waiting on the punchline that never came. :/

TBH, the comedy videos just dont do it for me. Cant quite put my finger on what it is, but I guess, they are just not funny enough for me. Didnt really dig too deep though since I bailed out during the first few minutes for both, felt like I was waiting on the punchline that never came. :/

I see you're from Finland...for some reason North Americans find the Aussie/Kiwi style accent makes everything funnier, and it has that slight British style comedy to it but is more over the top. It's a bit more subtle or a long haul than a setup and joke situation, more of constantly funny and amusing.

Record one part at a time and then put them together...

Yeah technically it's easy but actually planning it out...which did he do first? Did he do one character all the way through and just "know" how much space to leave by running through the other character in his head before responding? Did he have to slice and timeshift some stuff after recording to get it to line up a bit better? He had to know all the topics and times for responses before even starting.

Just making it sound that natural when talking to himself and leaving the takes open for the next pass is very impressive. If he wasn't so good at it you'd notice something was "off" so easily.

Yeah technically it's easy but actually planning it out...which did he do first? Did he do one character all the way through and just "know" how much space to leave by running through the other character in his head before responding? Did he have to slice and timeshift some stuff after recording to get it to line up a bit better? He had to know all the topics and times for responses before even starting.

Just making it sound that natural when talking to himself and leaving the takes open for the next pass is very impressive. If he wasn't so good at it you'd notice something was "off" so easily.

Don't get me wrong- it is impressive and I'm sure it took some work. But I'd guess he probably wrote some sort of script/outline(maybe not?), recorded one half, and then recorded the other half while listening to the first to help with the timing. I was simply responding with the most simple explanation for someone that I thought was under the impression that he spoke both parts simultaneously.

Don't get me wrong- it is impressive and I'm sure it took some work. But I'd guess he probably wrote some sort of script/outline(maybe not?), recorded one half, and then recorded the other half while listening to the first to help with the timing. I was simply responding with the most simple explanation for someone that I thought was under the impression that he spoke both parts simultaneously.

Not under the impression that he's speaking in two overlapping voices simultaneously, unless you know something about his demonic posession, no.

Of course! Feedback is crazy important, and has shaped how CCDG has evolved over the years. So thank you for sharing yours.

Totally agree on the having a pro on for commentary thing. You will see way more of that (almost exclusively) going forward. I've got Barsby for LVC, Seppo for Daniel Boe, Sexton for Canadian Nationals, and I'll figure out the rest as we go on. After Eagled killed it at WTO I would love to have him on as much as possible.

GREAT work at LVC. I think Barsby really hit his stride in round two, making him an elite-level color commentator at this point. Guessing you provide good guidance in order to get whoever your sidekick is "up to speed." Keep it up!

GREAT work at LVC. I think Barsby really hit his stride in round two, making him an elite-level color commentator at this point. Guessing you provide good guidance in order to get whoever your sidekick is "up to speed." Keep it up!

I'm going to agree with this. Barsby's style really appeals to me. Good work as always Ian.

Latest posts