• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chuckers!!

JC AceHole

* Ace Member *
I don't know if this thread has been made before so sorry if it has....

Wanted to know what your local term or name is for the chuckers on the course in your area...

We call them gomers out by me.

Lets hear em!

around here, chuckers are normal people and those that take it somewhat seriously are weird.

That's crazy, its basically the opposite by me, our disc golf club is huge and there are always a large number of club members at any course in the area all the time. We have our fair share of "chuckers" but they tend to stay at the short easy course mostly

In the 2 1/2 years I have played at my home course, I have only seen more than one person or group once. We don't have a local name for chuckers.

If they are ahead, clowns, if they are behind, jokers.

(Stealer's Wheel was still cool 9 years ago).

"One disc douches" was the term I believe I remember hearing.

Usage: Here comes the ODD...

On my local (est) course there are tons of them. My wife's friends are the worst. They show up, 12 people and 2 dogs deep with 8 kids out of that 12 people and a baby stroller. They just take over the course throwing their Bosses and putting with Vulcan's and just generally being obnoxious. We just call them chuckers. And to their faces. Ive confronted them about it numerous times...I swear to God one time the big fat lady of the group says "You think because you play in tournaments that everyone should take this so seriously."

Whatever. As long as they are having fun, I guess.

Luckily if I go down the road another 5 miles, we have a lot longer and lot more challenging course. The first time I played there, I asked some locals if the course had problems with chuckers. They had no idea what I was talking about. So I prefer that course, for sure.

The moat annoying thing chuckers do? On a longer hole, they'll pick up your drive and be like " oh, is this yours? Sweet throw dude!" And throw it back to you! Happened to my playing partner today. Luckily he is much cooler-headed than I am.

On my local (est) course there are tons of them. My wife's friends are the worst. They show up, 12 people and 2 dogs deep with 8 kids out of that 12 people and a baby stroller. They just take over the course throwing their Bosses and putting with Vulcan's and just generally being obnoxious. We just call them chuckers. And to their faces. Ive confronted them about it numerous times...I swear to God one time the big fat lady of the group says "You think because you play in tournaments that everyone should take this so seriously."

Whatever. As long as they are having fun, I guess.

Luckily if I go down the road another 5 miles, we have a lot longer and lot more challenging course. The first time I played there, I asked some locals if the course had problems with chuckers. They had no idea what I was talking about. So I prefer that course, for sure.

The moat annoying thing chuckers do? On a longer hole, they'll pick up your drive and be like " oh, is this yours? Sweet throw dude!" And throw it back to you! Happened to my playing partner today. Luckily he is much cooler-headed than I am.

Best rant ever lol

^Chucker.

<---Chucker.

attachment.php

This guy I played a tourney with who was from Iowa calls them "helmets". His reasoning was because you need a helmet on when playing around them to protect you from the errant throws from all their champ bosses and beasts.

Anyone ever notice that most chuckers have at least one beast and or a champ boss?

Latest posts