• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chuckers!!

I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....:wall:
While I don't agree with the tone of this post, I do agree with its message.

I've had to speak up when people behind me have thrown on my group. I agree that often people just don't realize they're being a menace. Extending some courtesy and respect has worked well for me in the past.

Seeing as I play a lot of 1 disc rounds, don't play competitively, and don't have a sweet bag full of premium plastic, am I a chucker?
ODW: One disc wonder. Any unscrupulous behavior on your part quickly places you in ODD territory though, so be careful. (ODD already defined in this thread).
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....:wall:
Most people don't want to "man up" (way to use elitist, chauvinistic language) during their leisure time, can't fault them for that. Plus, it's kind of hard to confront a pack of shirtless drunk dudes if you're by your lonesome. Besides, it's disc golf, not rocket science. Chuckers should be able to figure out common courtesy and safety rationale if they put their sixer of Shock Top down and think about it for a second. I guess we should man up and tell people not to litter, throw feces into the streets or drive over the speed limit too but in the end stupid's gonna be stupid regardless.

That's crazy, its basically the opposite by me, our disc golf club is huge and there are always a large number of club members at any course in the area all the time. We have our fair share of "chuckers" but they tend to stay at the short easy course mostly

I live in Frankfort and am a member of J-Town... It used to be that way but I've noticed the recent trend in complete morons at Highland (one of the toughest courses in our area). When I say morons I mean 1 disc yeah but... they always seem to want to throw on you. I've been nearly hit so many times it is ridiculous. Last week I was out there and we got thrown on. The guys disc actually hit my bag which was sitting on my stool right next to me. No warning... There just seems to be a lot more of these ignorant people at Highland than there used to be. Back to the subject I have never heard the term Gomer, my friends and I just call me scrubs...

ODW: One disc wonder. Any unscrupulous behavior on your part quickly places you in ODD territory though, so be careful. (ODD already defined in this thread).

Most people don't want to "man up" (way to use elitist, chauvinistic language) during their leisure time, can't fault them for that. Plus, it's kind of hard to confront a pack of shirtless drunk dudes if you're by your lonesome. Besides, it's disc golf, not rocket science. Chuckers should be able to figure out common courtesy and safety rationale if they put their sixer of Shock Top down and think about it for a second. I guess we should man up and tell people not to litter, throw feces into the streets or drive over the speed limit too but in the end stupid's gonna be stupid regardless.

Two problems with this post.

1. If your Chuckers are walking around with a sixer of Shock Top, then NC is one wealthy city. It's Natty or under around here.

2. The day you take away my right to throw feces anywhere is the day I get arrested for murder.

Two problems with this post.

1. If your Chuckers are walking around with a sixer of Shock Top, then NC is one wealthy city. It's Natty or under around here.

2. The day you take away my right to throw feces anywhere is the day I get arrested for murder.

1. Yes, I'm from the city of North Carolina. :|

2. Shock Top isn't that expensive, but it is massively overpriced for the faux micro-brewed garbage that it is.

3. Natty Light is probably the national beer of the city of NC. ;) :gross:

I find the "one disc wonder" tag somewhat contrary to the popular opinion around here that it is good to get to know the discs you have; what better way than a one disc round from time to time?

I find the "one disc wonder" tag somewhat contrary to the popular opinion around here that it is good to get to know the discs you have; what better way than a one disc round from time to time?

I don't understand what you're finding contrary. :|

For me, ODW derives from the rare sighting of that one dude that will show up to a local tourney with nothing but a beat to hell putter or midrange or something and a jug of water and just proceed to destroy nearly everyone. He is also usually shirtless and wearing jorts.

1. Yes, I'm from the city of North Carolina. :|

2. Shock Top isn't that expensive, but it is massively overpriced for the faux micro-brewed garbage that it is.

3. Natty Light is probably the national beer of the city of NC. ;) :gross:

I fling poo. Do you really expect me to be able to differentiate between North Carolina being a town, city, or state*? :eek:

*Yes, I'm horribly ashamed to have missed that error :wall:

Here in the city of Ohio ( ;) ) I take one disc out at times to break it in and learn it. There have been a few times this ODW beat everyone in the group with my one disc.

I'm such a noob.

I think you missed the part where he mentions that some of these people are related to him....:D :D :D

Et tu, Jay Dub? :eek:

I'll be getting out to the course in the state of Goshen again tomorrow if you're interested.

Et tu, Jay Dub? :eek:

I'll be getting out to the course in the state of Goshen again tomorrow if you're interested.
:D

I am seriously considering playing the CCS at Harbin tomorrow. (First tourney in years). If I don't go I'll PM you and meet at Goshen.

another thing about one disc chuckers, they just cant grasp when a hole gets redesigned, even though the tee markers have obviously moved. i saw this guy walk right past 2 new tee signs to the old tee and throw just yesterday. youd think he would have wondered why the tee post is missing, why is the hole so short now? but no, he didnt. his flick shot with a jls still went in a tree anyways

^^Only if you also dump trash everywhere, scribble sharpie all over the tee signs and baskets, and generally skulk around like you don't even want to be there.

My friends refer to these types as derelicts.

I take no issue with "hackers" or people that throw only one disc, unless they are unsafe to myself or others.

Years back here in WI, there used to be a guy who answered to "Shoobie" at the most tournaments in Sheboygan....

and I played with some guy named "Schwebe" at the '98 AM Worlds in Appleton...

could they be related?

Is this the hackers annonymous meeting?

Hi! My name is Mark, and i'm a hacker. (where's the coffee?)
Group Hug? :)