• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Classic Fugitive-DD/Lat64

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
2b47ra.jpg

My cat decided to photobomb me.

After the third winter this year, in May no less, it was nice enough to play so I made it in to DD to pick up a pair of pistachio 178g Classic Fugitives. I've already thrown some testers a few weeks back so I knew what I was buying.

I'll start by saying the Fugitive is my least favorite DD mold to date but the classic plastic is also my favorite for the mold. Mainly because they are flat, secondly because they are base plastic that will cycle, and third I really prefer the KC Proish type for mids typically. With straight to turnover mids at least and premium for OS mids.

I have one first run fugitive in lucid and two in the bio fuzion. I sometimes throw them in the small dd or nutsac bag but I don't typically have one in my grip bag. After throwing the testers of the classic fugitive I knew I'd have to put one in the bag. It's perfect for an upshot that I can't reach with a fuzion judge, any tunnel shot, or shaping a line in trees powered down. What I used a flat dx or flat kc pro roc for before the suspect came out. I think they offer the most stable flight of any plastic for the fugitive when new so I'll be interested to see how they wear. Should be like the classic judge which I enjoy. I don't know when they will be up online for sale but I know an email to the retailers other than DD is out for them so they'll be out in the wild soon. I don't know the price I think $11.99 but they're first run stamps so maybe more. I paid some amount and it included a third item so I don't what the break down is.

Profile pic that doesn't really do it justice. You can compare them to the lucid or bio and you'll notice a big difference in dome. Similar in flight just maybe a hair more stable when new.

2rmwkmu.jpg

It seems like the Fugitive is DD's weakest mold. I can remember in Emac's first in the bag video after switching sponsors, the Fugitive was the only disc he didn't appear to like.

I love the fugitive personally, but I didn't at first. I thought there was other stuff that did its job better. Then I put it in the bag as kind of a good and found that I had great success using it to shape lines. It's my go to mid these days. May not be for everyone, but it's clicked with me for whatever reason.

Looking forward to trying the classic when I get paid next.

I love the fugitive personally, but I didn't at first. I thought there was other stuff that did its job better. Then I put it in the bag as kind of a good and found that I had great success using it to shape lines. It's my go to mid these days. May not be for everyone, but it's clicked with me for whatever reason.

Looking forward to trying the classic when I get paid next.

You'll like the classic. They feel great in the hand and are flatter. I played with mine on most upshots for two rounds and it's the only thing that kept me below a sixty. I love these.

How is this thing flying for you? I ordered one that should be here some time this week.

Great for me I'm learning it likes to be thrown easy and not overpowered like other fugitives but it fades more when new. I think I'll like the classic line for the Suspect too.

I got a classic fugitive this weekend. I have been using a kc pro roc instead of a fugitive because I didn't like the grip of the lucid plastic. But I decided to try the classic fugitive instead of the roc. Then I accidentally left my judge and main flip driver at home for a round. I was basically stuck playing the whole round with the new classic fugitive and a new dx stingray.

I really struggled at first. I was +8 after 7 holes on a course I played 2 down last time I played there. Then I stopped trying to throw the fugitive like a roc, and started throwing it like a judge, and it clicked as a longer judge. I played par golf the rest of the round.

So, basically, I'm just saying that the fugitive strikes me as not a roc, but as a longer judge.

I really hope it gets released in classic soft.

Last edited:
So, basically, I'm just saying that the fugitive strikes me as not a roc, but as a longer judge.

I've been throwing a mace as a Roc-like disc, i assumed the Fugitive (and the truth) were both more straight flyers, like buzzz, but if your fugitive was like a longer judge does it turn or flip a lot? My judge liked to turn right with little coaxing on long lazy annys.

To me, the judge is like a rhyno in gateway basic type plastic. It's on the stable side. SO is the Fugitive. But I know a lot of people have a different experience.

I got a classic fugitive this weekend. I have been using a kc pro roc instead of a fugitive because I didn't like the grip of the lucid plastic. But I decided to try the classic fugitive instead of the roc. Then I accidentally left my judge and main flip driver at home for a round. I was basically stuck playing the whole round with the new classic fugitive and a new dx stingray.

I really struggled at first. I was +8 after 7 holes on a course I played 2 down last time I played there. Then I stopped trying to throw the fugitive like a roc, and started throwing it like a judge, and it clicked as a longer judge. I played par golf the rest of the round.

I really hope it gets released in classic soft.

"It's perfect for an upshot that I can't reach with a fuzion judge, any tunnel shot, or shaping a line in trees powered down. What I used a flat dx or flat kc pro roc for before the suspect came out"

Maybe that was confusing I wasn't comparing it to a roc only that I used a flat top roc for that particular upshot until the suspect came out and now I'm using these. Although the shape of the disc and plastic feel is near identical for me. Awesome that you found a use for the Fugitive. took me some time to appreciate it. Don't expect to see them in the classic soft though. I don't think that is planned for anything but putters. Things change though.

"It's perfect for an upshot that I can't reach with a fuzion judge, any tunnel shot, or shaping a line in trees powered down. What I used a flat dx or flat kc pro roc for before the suspect came out"

Maybe that was confusing I wasn't comparing it to a roc only that I used a flat top roc for that particular upshot until the suspect came out and now I'm using these. Although the shape of the disc and plastic feel is near identical for me. Awesome that you found a use for the Fugitive. took me some time to appreciate it. Don't expect to see them in the classic soft though. I don't think that is planned for anything but putters. Things change though.

Sorry if it seemed like I was responding to your post, but I honestly didn't read it before I posted. I was just expecting the classic fugitive to be a roc clone, and it didn't turn out that way.

I guess, thrown at full power, it does seem very roc like, but my impression is that it powers down more like a judge (with more fade and skip), which is not a bad thing at all for judge loving me. Also, I grip a roc and judge differently, and I tend to throw the roc on a higher line. That didn't work so well for me with the classic fugitive. But it responds well to being thrown the same way I throw a judge. I think judge lovers should take a second look at it if they don't have it in the bag. It's staying in mine.

I like the firm fugitive, but I like the firm maces instead. I can use maces for the same shots, (fugitive got to be understable quicker, which is a pro and a con). I now carry 3 maces and a pain. I'm about to get some circle stamp jolly launcher gazelles and It seems I'm going to be carrying just gazelles for fairways if they are overstable like the totem teebird is lol.

Gazelles are stable like that in premium plastic, especially glow. I used to call them a longer roc.

In DX, even I can get some early turn from a Gazelle, but the fade is healthy.

I got one of these in a misprint pack my initial feel was yep this is a dd version of the roc... I tried using it as such and it didn't quite work. I agree with what has been said its a great long distance judge that you can really put some muscle behind. I love using this disc for approaches where I'm hesitant about using the judge.

Picked up a Pistachio 180g Classic Fugitive and wished i had another. Flies like a beat KC Roc for me. I have a Lucid Fugitive but the Classic flies more consistent. Im only wondering how these will beat in. My Classic Judges have stood up well so im expecting the same, but this is the first mid in Classic plastic ive tried (Not gonna be the last now)

Picked up a Pistachio 180g Classic Fugitive and wished i had another. Flies like a beat KC Roc for me. I have a Lucid Fugitive but the Classic flies more consistent. Im only wondering how these will beat in. My Classic Judges have stood up well so im expecting the same, but this is the first mid in Classic plastic ive tried (Not gonna be the last now)

You shouldn't order anymore of the pistachio first runs. Stay away. :mad: Mine.

They beat in pretty slow for me but I use it for longer upshots mainly and not a workhorse mid. I've got one now that will turn more and come back to neutral at the end. Very little to no fade now whereas it had a decent amount when it was new. I've considered throwing a fresh one in the bag but I just don't want to yet.