• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clearwater Disc hates cyclists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd bitch them out too, i got hit by a car when i was riding my bike.. i was 8. i was going along and the next thing i knew i was laying in the ditch and my back hurt. i think the mirror of whatever vehicle hit me, whoever it was didn't stop. for the love of treesus slow down and wait for a good opening to pass people on bikes, nothing in life is worth being in so much of a hurry that you might hit and kill somebody and ruin a bunch of lives including yours in the process.

Funny this came up again (ok, really, no it isn't...).

Driving to my practice field tonight, there were lots of cyclists out. Two were coming head on, riding two abreast, with a big old white Suburban behind them. The 'burban started to pass, saw that I was coming, and slowed down to drop back in behind the cyclists until I/we had passed each other. There was actually plenty of time for him to pass the cyclists without endangering us all, but he chose courtesy...probably cost him 12 seconds of his time. Made me think of the Clearwater Debacle right away. lol

THAT is how it's supposed to work. Nice when people treat each other like humans. :)

Old news.
Can we please move on?
PS:
I'm a cyclist who quit riding because I no longer feel safe.
Too many people dying around my community.
This is just more people bitching about the same old thing.

After reading about this (here and elsewhere), I think I'll never ride my bike to a disc golf event again....

Holy Moly! :eek:

We're a nation of crybabies and wimps, but I'm not really surprised people who wear spandex every day of their life go out of their douchey ways to try and make someone look bad for passing them while they're in the middle of the street.

I personally dislike cyclist in my state because they ride in the middle of a busy highway, so when we pass them, we tell them. Take the bike trails its what we got them for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts