• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I bet you didn't even get that right...:\
I do believe I had to paint it three times. :\ Pro tip: Paint a wall, stop and go "Are you SURE you will like a whole room in this color?", then ask again two more times before you go on. Because it's never the right color.

Couple Ledgestone RB Comets coming at me. Better go gitya some, Envythrower!

Attachments

• IMG_5569_220x.jpg
    IMG_5569_220x.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5563_220x.jpg
    IMG_5563_220x.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 23
Anxious to see how they mold up in mid grade plastic, I dig my RB and JB Roaches.

I bought them because of my experience with Lunas/Roaches as well and my JB Buzzz that is a thing of beauty. Should've bought a RB Buzzz too.

I bought them because of my experience with Lunas/Roaches as well and my JB Buzzz that is a thing of beauty. Should've bought a RB Buzzz too.

Thanks for your post on the 2021 Ledgstone thread, and no wonder I couldn't find it when I searched for Ledgestone 😁. Makes me feel frugal with my 6 RB Roaches and 2 Comets.

Might hafta get a couple more after I check these out.

Anxious to see how they mold up in mid grade plastic, I dig my RB and JB Roaches.

Hopefully better than the first time they ran the Comet in JB. That was the worst Comet ever. Flight plate was pretty flat, grip was great, flight was nice for what it was -- flippy, flew like a Flying Squirrel . . . but the discs warped right away. Had one warp before I even hit a tree. Both of the two discs I threw warped badly. One unthrown in the collection with an OG Saturn stamp did not warp. I'm surprised they ran them again.

Never had that kind of problem with any other Comet (I have about 100 Comets in my collection).

Hopefully better than the first time they ran the Comet in JB. That was the worst Comet ever. Flight plate was pretty flat, grip was great, flight was nice for what it was -- flippy, flew like a Flying Squirrel . . . but the discs warped right away. Had one warp before I even hit a tree. Both of the two discs I threw warped badly. One unthrown in the collection with an OG Saturn stamp did not warp. I'm surprised they ran them again.

Never had that kind of problem with any other Comet (I have about 100 Comets in my collection).

Good to know. The OG JB are tasty looking, guess I'll wait for reports before taking the plunge. I think generally the RB is a little firmer so hopefully they'll mold up with some dome and hold up decent.

I expect the JB will be a hyzer flip to roller disc in no time, but I have no MJ discs and my bag feels incomplete without a nod to the patron saint of the Comet.

Maybe if I could actually find X Comets I would just stick to those. But I broke down and ordered one of each (JB Glow and Rubber).

Mainly I'm worried that if I lose my money beat X Comet, I'll have a gaping hole in my bag. Nothing else flies like that. Closest I've got is a thrashed DX Roc but it's not the same.

Maybe if I could actually find X Comets I would just stick to those. But I broke down and ordered one of each (JB Glow and Rubber).

Mainly I'm worried that if I lose my money beat X Comet, I'll have a gaping hole in my bag. Nothing else flies like that. Closest I've got is a thrashed DX Roc but it's not the same.
I have some beat 167-168g Ontario Rocs that get in the ballpark, but...

It's like choosing between something that is great and something that is magical, though. I'd throw those Ontario Rocs, swear by them and never think twice about it if I'd never touched a Comet and didn't know what I know. You can't unknow what you know, you know?

I have some beat 167-168g Ontario Rocs that get in the ballpark, but...

It's like choosing between something that is great and something that is magical, though. I'd throw those Ontario Rocs, swear by them and never think twice about it if I'd never touched a Comet and didn't know what I know. You can't unknow what you know, you know?

Exactly. I used to think a beat DX Roc was magic, until I had a beat X Comet. It has this impossible ability to fly about 200-250' dead straight and THEN start burning to the right. Saves my shoulder from a lot of extra forehand drives.

Latest posts