• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Metallic Z...not sure if I'm that interested, but might end up grabbing one.

Based on the stamp I thought it was Big Z, which I'd probably be more interested in. Would like profile pics to see the dome and shoulder.

Well it's listed as metallic Z... odds are good they will be like the run from last year... which were/are amazing!!!!!

A bit of a flatter top as opposed to hilly, but a fairly high shoulder and dome. Good glide, good control being more workable out of the box.

Pulled my old elite X Tye dye out of storage for the summer (kinda late, I wait til spring when it warms up).. hoo boy... 4 solid ace runs on the weekend, just all over the pin.

Those old X's truly are some elite comets.

Well it's listed as metallic Z... odds are good they will be like the run from last year... which were/are amazing!!!!!

A bit of a flatter top as opposed to hilly, but a fairly high shoulder and dome. Good glide, good control being more workable out of the box.
I have one sitting at my daughter's house. She was moving so she didn't come out to throw this weekend, and I was letting her be an adult and arrange her house without her dad telling her what to do so I didn't go to her house to get it. :\

Also if I go over to her new place she is going to mention to me that she has room to take back the Explorer with the dirty fingers pickups that she has been storing at my house and I'm going to have to go "possession is 9/10ths of the law" on her, so if I just don't go over we can avoid that fight for a while. :|

Pulled my old elite X Tye dye out of storage for the summer (kinda late, I wait til spring when it warms up).. hoo boy... 4 solid ace runs on the weekend, just all over the pin.

Those old X's truly are some elite comets.

I just started playing again about 3 months ago after like a 10 year hiatus, and I've got 2 aces on the same hole (Basil-Marella hole 2) with my 11 year old Elite X Comet in the last month. Brings my total on that hole to 4 with the same Comet. Just a super predictable anny monster, and I know out of the hand if it's running the basket on that hole lol it's funny when I hit it and randoms get excited while I shrug bc I run it so often.

I have one sitting at my daughter's house. She was moving so she didn't come out to throw this weekend, and I was letting her be an adult and arrange her house without her dad telling her what to do so I didn't go to her house to get it. :\

Also if I go over to her new place she is going to mention to me that she has room to take back the Explorer with the dirty fingers pickups that she has been storing at my house and I'm going to have to go "possession is 9/10ths of the law" on her, so if I just don't go over we can avoid that fight for a while. :|

So I've been throwing mine since it got here on Saturday and I can't really figure it out. It seems to be in between domey Z and flat ESP flightwise. It's been quite windy here recently so I could be off, but it does seem really glidey too.

So I've been throwing mine since it got here on Saturday and I can't really figure it out. It seems to be in between domey Z and flat ESP flightwise. It's been quite windy here recently so I could be off, but it does seem really glidey too.
I'm probably not following the script here, but so long as a Comet has the glide I can figure out the release angles and get it to fly like a Comet. The only thing I really fear in a Comet is when it's a brick; you can't really fix glideless brick.

Haha I'm not trying to be snarky but.. In between a domey Z and a flat esp sounds to me like a kind of average middle of the road comet!?!? :D

Happy to hear about the glide.. I was eyeballing those things again this morning haha.

I know someone in this thread has thrown the rubber blend comet; what's the deal with it? I'd imagine not as much glide, and more over stable?

Sky breed has a few left, but I'm waiting for the new ledgestone drop on the 4th because I wanna snag a few CryZtal Comets.

I know someone in this thread has thrown the rubber blend comet; what's the deal with it? I'd imagine not as much glide, and more over stable?

Sky breed has a few left, but I'm waiting for the new ledgestone drop on the 4th because I wanna snag a few CryZtal Comets.

They're pretty flat for a Comet and flippy off the shelf, not a fan.

I purchased some cfr Cryztal Comets back around ~2011-2012
Hated them. Glideless, flippy, stiff, uncontrollable, unpredictable, unusable.
Lest you say that it was my problem, I've owned Comets in just about every plastic available between 1999 and 2018 (and still bag one), the Cryztal were the worst.

Here's hoping these are better somehow…

They're pretty flat for a Comet and flippy off the shelf, not a fan.

I purchased some cfr Cryztal Comets back around ~2011-2012
Hated them. Glideless, flippy, stiff, uncontrollable, unpredictable, unusable.
Lest you say that it was my problem, I've owned Comets in just about every plastic available between 1999 and 2018 (and still bag one), the Cryztal were the worst.

Here's hoping these are better somehow…
Hot Take: Ledgetstone Comets suck. The Sparkle Z's sucked. The Colorshift Z's sucked. The Rubber Blend's sucked. There is just something about stamping "Ledgestone" on a Comet that makes it suck.

My daughter and I actually debated before getting the Mike Jo Team Ledgestone Comets; Mike Jo Comets are usually great and Ledgetsone Comets always suck, so we figure having both of them stamped on a Comet is like an epic battle of good VS. evil and we are going to find out whose powers are greater. :p

At any rate, I'm expecting the CryZtal Comets will extend the legacy of Ledgestone Comets and will be hot garbage.

Hot Take: Ledgetstone Comets suck.

Matter of fact, I have like three of the RB that I need to dump in trade at the shop. Ordered several with high hopes, lesson learned.

The perfect elite X Comet is.....the old TP Comet. I managed to grab these four when my shop bought the collection of a deceased disc golf dude

Anybody know Don Olow? I believe he was from southern Cali.

Attachments

• PXL_20220727_161754414.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220727_161754414.MP.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 31
Hot Take: Ledgetstone Comets suck. The Sparkle Z's sucked. The Colorshift Z's sucked. The Rubber Blend's sucked. There is just something about stamping "Ledgestone" on a Comet that makes it suck.

My daughter and I actually debated before getting the Mike Jo Team Ledgestone Comets; Mike Jo Comets are usually great and Ledgetsone Comets always suck, so we figure having both of them stamped on a Comet is like an epic battle of good VS. evil and we are going to find out whose powers are greater. :p

At any rate, I'm expecting the CryZtal Comets will extend the legacy of Ledgestone Comets and will be hot garbage.

This makes me very sad, as I was kind of excited to grab a few lol Guess I'll just be getting some Z swirl Wasps and Big Z FLX Bangers instead.

Matter of fact, I have like three of the RB that I need to dump in trade at the shop. Ordered several with high hopes, lesson learned.

The perfect elite X Comet is.....the old TP Comet. I managed to grab these four when my shop bought the collection of a deceased disc golf dude

Anybody know Don Olow? I believe he was from southern Cali.
Donny Olow was a Morley Field legend. I think they mounted a plaque in his honor to a bench at Morley Field. Nothing but good mojo from a Donny Olow Comet.

Donny Olow was a Morley Field legend. I think they mounted a plaque in his honor to a bench at Morley Field. Nothing but good mojo from a Donny Olow Comet.

Morley Field it is! Not really a collector but grabbed these three as well. Old DX Eagle and X Wasp are 10/10. The Aero has big ink on the back, apparently Donny wanted people to know whose disc it was.

They were selling most of them at three for $20. There were lots of Cyclones, Vipers, Rocks, Gazelles etc. Not many Comets, I think I got them all.

Attachments

• PXL_20220727_194616916.jpg
    PXL_20220727_194616916.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
Todays score at the used disc rack. 10$. 177g, 9/10 physical condition. Gonna try and get some of the ink to lift out. Isopropyl didn't do anything, so acetone next I suppose, unless there's become a better option I don't know about.

Attachments

• D8FC58DF-3FE0-4FD5-A89D-D39FE4BECE6D.jpg
    D8FC58DF-3FE0-4FD5-A89D-D39FE4BECE6D.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 32
Todays score at the used disc rack. 10$. 177g, 9/10 physical condition. Gonna try and get some of the ink to lift out. Isopropyl didn't do anything, so acetone next I suppose, unless there's become a better option I don't know about.

Awesome!!!!

The universe will provide my friend... I hope you enjoy the hell out of that!!!!